Emergency alert today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dicko

Guru
My Sister in Law was waiting for the call, on her Landline ‘phone 😂

D

Deleted member 1258

Didn't hear a thing, not on phone tablet or my Good Ladies dumb phone.

CharleyFarley

I never get alerts, but then I don't have a phone other than one that does only calls, you know, the ones where talking still happens.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Thing is, if the nukes are incoming there's nowt I can do.

If a tornado is on the way I don't have a storm cellar.

If flooding is likely my house isn't fitted with hydraulic jacks to enable me to elevate it above any deluge.

So what is the point?

Leak of toxic chemicals from an artic in your village or local nutter running amok; doesn't have be a world-wide zombie apocalypse

Notification first on my EE sim (work) then my Vodafone sim and Apple Watch Ultra shortly after.

My wife got alerts on her two Vodafone sims around the same time. By boss and his wife, both on Three, got nothing.

Alex321

Veteran
So who shat themselves ? Only my daughter as she had forgotten about it, and has never had her phone so loud. She could hear neighbours too. Mine is off and we are in Amsterdam so nee nah.

I was surprised how quiet it actually was. Not nearly as loud as when the clock alarm goes off (which I have set to maximum as I am quite a deep sleeper).

CharleyFarley

A two-tone trimphone?

No, it's a regular phone that will do internet but it's not set up for that. We only use it for calls when we are out, or if I'm on a longer ride, I take it with me in case I need help. A few years ago I was four miles from home on a very hot day, when my rear fat bike tire deflated. There was a 1/2" panhead screw in it. I could fix the puncture and spend an hour with a hand pump to inflate it, or call the wife to come and get me. I chose the latter.

Milzy

Guru
Thing is, if the nukes are incoming there's nowt I can do.

If a tornado is on the way I don't have a storm cellar.

If flooding is likely my house isn't fitted with hydraulic jacks to enable me to elevate it above any deluge.

So what is the point?

If there’s another lab leak it can tell you to stay in your house.

johnnyb47

Guru
Does Three mobile still only work on 3g.
If so that would probably explain why you didn't get the Alarm as it was only supposed to work on 4g/5g.
Incidentally my spare phone that's on Three mobile didn't go off either

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Does Three mobile still only work on 3g.
If so that would probably explain why you didn't get the Alarm as it was only supposed to work on 4g/5g.
Incidentally my spare phone that's on Three mobile didn't go off either

3, 4 & 5G on their website

Top Bottom