Emergency service type bods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibor

Bewildered
Just spotted this if anyone qualifies @Drago
FB_IMG_1542733134031.jpg

Slioch

Guru
Do the AA and RAC not qualify? And what about the Army, Navy, and RAF bods, aren't they entitled to buy a bag of 50 sausage rolls for £1 (or 90p if they got the discount)?

All terribly elitist IMHO.
^_^

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Yes, forget the teachers, social workers, prison officers, probation officers. They're less important. And what about the person who cleans the bogs in the police station on minimum wage? The vast army of volunteers who care for the homeless and the dispossessed every day? Sorry, full price for you.

This sort of thing gets to me. Iceland just want the positive spin as emergency services are flavour of the month. Whinge, moan, grumble, etc.

Brandane

Legendary Member
As a Police pensioner I'm not exactly rolling in money but I reckon I might be better off than people who are a lot more deserving of 10% discount at Iceland.

Couple that with the fact that frozen food is, generally, shite; so even if I had a blue light card (whatever that is) I wouldn't be using it at Iceland.

That's before I've even mentioned that Atomic Kitten zoomer who used to do their adverts.... :rolleyes:.

So.. Nice try Iceland, but what about the people who REALLY need your discount?

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't use Iceland because a) there isn't one near me, and b) I become pathologically murderous when dragged to the shops.

beepbeep

Yes, forget the teachers, social workers, prison officers, probation officers. They're less important. And what about the person who cleans the bogs in the police station on minimum wage? The vast army of volunteers who care for the homeless and the dispossessed every day? Sorry, full price for you.

This sort of thing gets to me. Iceland just want the positive spin as emergency services are flavour of the month. Whinge, moan, grumble, etc.
The cleaner who cleans the bogs doesn't get spat at or kicked in the bollocks while trying to arrest scumbags as everyone one else looks on or film them for youtoob:blush:

midlife

Guru
Back in the 70-80's in the East End the plod of Leman Street nick used their Job Cards to get into clubs, free drinks, get out of jail free etc... .. 10% at Iceland doesn't seem like a lot :smile:

Top Bottom