Emergency service type bods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Back in the 70-80's in the East End the plod of Leman Street nick used their Job Cards to get into clubs, free drinks, get out of jail free etc... .. 10% at Iceland doesn't seem like a lot :smile:
Southwark?

Slioch

Guru
Back in my rugby playing days we used to play against the Met Police.
After the match they would quite happily drink multiple pints before driving off in their cars, safe in the knowledge that flashing their warrant cards would overcome any unpleasantness should they be pulled over by the local plod.
Probably worth more than 10% off at Iceland.

classic33

Leg End Member
I fixed my neighbour's overflowing water tank in the middle of the night. Why can't I get cheap frozen sprouts too?
Get fresh sprouts, not frozen!

Drago

Legendary Member
I suspect things have turned the other way now.

The average black rat would regard nicking another copper - especially CID - as a feather in his cap.

CID go through phases. My sources tell me its full of young Turks who are really up themselves at the moment, despite being unable to detect a garibaldi on a tea break. As a result, they're currently as popular as a fart in a spacesuit, and only half as effective at combating crime.

You need to learn to drive properly before you can become an advanced driver, and the same is true of catching villains. The lesson seems to have been lost on the government and scrambled egg ranks.

I work in social work, which means people don't usually kick me and I don't have to run into burning buildings or get blood all over me on a normal day. Nor do I have to do my job at ten past midnight with people vomiting all over me. If Iceland want to honour people who do, it's fine by me.

Drago

Legendary Member
Its good at cinema too, although Mrs D has some card thing which gets me in to Vue for free as her carer. The downside of that means I get dragged to see all the romcoms.

Top Bottom