Emma Raducanu, are we ready ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
ok elite school :smile:
Hardly ;)
You just have to pass and exam and interview to get a place
and she started playing tennis long before then :okay:

Last edited:
Hardly ;)
You just have to pass and exam and interview to get a place
and she started playing tennis long before then :okay:
So - a state grammar school
just like a lot of others

Admissions at the moment says the following

If you wish to apply to join us, you first need to complete the entrance tests which take place on Friday 24/Saturday 25 September (date to be confirmed). Online applications for the entrance test have now closed. You will receive an automated response that your application has been received and in due course you will be provided with further details regarding the procedure for the test day.

Usually you could come and take a look at why you should join us, at one of our Open Days. However, as we are currently restricting visitors to the school, our open days have been postponed until further notice. Please enjoy the links on our home page to get a flavour of life at Newstead Wood School in the meantime.

UNQUOTE

So no interview - at least no now

vickster

Legendary Member
The entry requirements may have changed since 1983 ;)

Indeed, essentially a state grammar, not an elite private school

stephec

Legendary Member
Always a bonus when someone else is paying! When I worked I didn't get away too frequently but did a few times a year and mostly enjoyed eating and drinking on expenses or being taken out by the clients. I was a good boy though and and never got wasted.
All that temptation and you don't take advantage of it, its people like you who spoil it for me rest of us. 😂🍻

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
All that temptation and you don't take advantage of it, its people like you who spoil it for me rest of us. 😂🍻
Sometimes it feels like I’m drinking for two….

She was at the GP today in a car being driven round the track
not sure by who

but she sure deserved it

probably just lucky it was not Lewis - he would have seen it as his task to scare her enough to scream

Good for her if she makes the most of it - then goes back to the training when she needs to

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
She was at the GP today in a car being driven round the track
not sure by who

The track drive was at the British GP at Silverstone in July, although F1 has just released the video.

It was put up yesterday, which is typical of F1's new American owners who will never miss a marketing opportunity.

Another link is Emma's declared favourite driver, Daniel Ricciardo, won the Italian GP, also yesterday.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...t-lap-at-silverstone.1710691157975976839.html

Top Bottom