Empty yer sack.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's a wonder you survived, I mean, no hunting knife, no stove or fishing gear.
It was touch and go...I did have a My Waitrose card for a free coffee which helped me through!

Old jon

Guru
OK, its persisting down here and I dislike starting a ride in the rain.

Tools.jpg

When I bought the Caloi last year I needed some stuff. This lot was bought locally, though the tube is in a box from England. The pump is less than good.

KneesUp

Guru
As I didn't know the answer to the question, I've just had a rummage in what is ostensibly the 'tools' section of my panniers.

It would seem I have a multi tool that doesn't have any means of removing the 16mm nut holding on my front wheel, a pair of latex gloves, a single tyre lever, a Ventolin (not to be used excessively during races, obv) and a spoon.
32266650997_978454d6ca_z.jpg

I'm good to go I reckon.

Old jon

Guru
I always think there is something sad about a single cable tie, it just looks so lonely, I like to carry a minimum of two:smile:.

I guess its an indication of my architectural leanings, but I cannot remember the man's name.

Or latent buddhism

D

Deleted member 1258

Hmmm... Have never tried to use a tyre boot, but I reckon a doubled strength inner tube might still be too flexible? Maybe a couple of sections of cut down plastic milk carton? I guess it depends on the size of cut in the tyre of course!

I have one made from a short length cut off an old tyre. I've needed it once, when I ran over some debris and split the sidewall on the rear tyre.

Top Bottom