Endura Hummvee full-length trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
I tried some on in my LBS recently. They looked well designed and well made, and I would have loved to have bought a pair.

However the sizing did not really work for me - i.e. medium were just a bit too tight at the waist, and large were too long in the leg.

Plax

Guru
Any alternatives? I see Ground Effect do soemthing similar, but they work out around £50. Which is a lot.

I've started using my hiking trousers. Lightweight and comfortable. Of course they don't have velcro bottoms, but I've just been using trouser clips. Got caught out by the rain on my commute the other day and they'd pretty much dried by the time I'd got home.

I have the female equivalent of these for example;
http://www.millets.co.uk/Mens-Cloth...Mens-Lined--Active-Trouse/product/032274.aspx

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I've got the 3/4 length Hummvee and I like them a lot, although as DannyG says their sizing system is a bit 'different'.

I had to get the XL because the large was just that bit too small.:biggrin:

LLB

tdr1nka said:
I've got the 3/4 length Hummvee and I like them a lot, although as DannyG says their sizing system is a bit 'different'.

I had to get the XLard because the lard was just that bit too small.:rolleyes:

:?:

Will1985

Über Member
Endura Singletracks are nice and comfy- they're basically a tougher/thicker version of the Humvee. It lacks a couple of the small pockets, but I find the fit is good and of course the zippable vents which are found in lots of these products are so good!

I suppose the key difference is in the bottom of the leg - I don't have the full length version of the Humvees so I can't say, but the Singletracks are like Gridlocks with a longish zip and big velcro strap to reduce the flaring.

Danny

Legendary Member
Tried them at as the same time as the Humvees. They were similar in cut and style, the main difference that I could see was they material, particularly round the seat which looked less natural and more like heavy duty sport trousers.

From that point of view the Fireflies looked like they would be more hard wearing, but if you want something that would pass as ordinary trousers I'd go for the Humvees.

tomb1960

I think mine are Humvees, I've had them a couple of years now, there OK, the pockets aren't as useful as you might think though, there a bit on the small side!

chuggalong

I have a pair of Fireflies. They are comfortable on and off the bike.
However they could do with an extra velcro adjuster on the calf, the same as the Humvees.

There is also a pocket just at the back of the knee. This has got to be the most stupidist place to position it. It's shallow and has only one poppit to close it. Anything placed here will fall out.

You would think that whoever designed this idea would try it out whilst actually cycling!

Top Bottom