Energy bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
I like buttered and pre sliced banana cake or soreen which I put in zip lock bags. Like others I don’t usually eat on rides under 3 hours, unless it’s a cafe ride.

Why is that you slice up the malt loaf, butter it and try and get it in the wrapping and it always tears - so frustrating!!🤣🤣🤣

bluenotebob

Veteran
Just under 5 hours on the bike yesterday and this is what kept me going ..

Stoned deglet nour dates from Tunisia and some Bonne Maman choc chip cookies

Fine for an occasional energy boost and a lot cheaper than energy bars

Lunch.JPG

DogmaStu

I find it difficult to eat during rides - especially racing and I don't even eat during a Social ride stop. I'm actually a weirdo in this respect, I don't have cake and don't drink coffee!

So I use gels. They are perfect for me. SiS being my favourite.

freiston

Veteran
I tend to keep a couple of chocolate bars (current choice is "Double Decker") and some biscuits in the saddlebag, which are there for when I feel the bonk approaching (usually after about 2 hours or, when camping, 5-10 miles before the campsite). If I'm planning on being out for three hours or more, I tend to take food or buy food - pretty much my normal food/snacking stuff - savoury and sweet - often a "packed lunch".

I used to make flapjack for biking and home consumption but found it too addictive so I had to stop.

All rides except utility rides, I have a bottle on the bike with fruit squash - it contains some sugar. Unless the ride is more than two hours (or it's really hot weather), I often bring the full bottle back and drink it at home.

Top Bottom