Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Really? You'd wash by hand first?

OK - last but one laundry appliance ... or maybe buy a washer dryer?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Besides the cost, heat pump dryers have a ludicrously long cycle time. Normally it's about 50% longer than for a condenser dryer (which is already longer than for a vented dryer) but can be overnight for a big load. It's basically tumbling stuff in lukewarm air for ages.

This is a funny (and profane) read: https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/housek...-pump-dryer-to-take-EIGHT-HOURS-to-dry-a-load

But yes, hang stuff outside whenever weather and moronic local by-laws permit.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
British Gas my supplier of last resort. You're certainly living up to your description lads! I send my readings every month:

April 11th £43.01 Bill cancelled and replaced
May 6th £43.01 - Bill cancelled and replaced
May 9th £43.01 - Bill.........................................just waiting for it to be cancelled and replaced next :laugh:

Hopeless, absolutely feckin' hopeless. I do keep a note of our meter readings and it looks as though I need to go right back to the day we started with them and check it all....again. Every small supplier outside the big six I've been with over 20 years was quick, accurate, efficient why oh why couldn't they have managed to survive. It is such a shame decent companies went to the wall and a useless dinosaur survived.

Last edited:

simongt

Guru
Reshape the clothes before hanging on the line and most things don't need ironing.
Agree. Canna mind of the last time I used an iron. Think it was during my basic training back in '74. We don't even possess an ironing board - ! :laugh:

presta

Guru
I was too lazy ! :whistle:

Unlike my old washer dryer, the new 'energy saving' one won't dry the load unless I keep taking it out and rearranging it, otherwise the middle of the bundle stays damp. With all that faff it's easier to use the line if the weather's fine.

Top Bottom