Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
That is huge fossy.....i told you to stop growing that weed in the greenhouse lol. I used 9.6kw/hs over the whole weekend.

Your comparing apples and oranges. Large families will always burn that but more . I’m averaging 15kwh a day just now. Maybe a bit more. Base load through the night is approx 0.22kwh. Which is quite lowish. Of course having a smart meter I can see half hrly figures. Can see something coming to life at 4am most mornings . Not worked out what that is yet !

Still planning on solar but need to be able to cover my base load minimum !

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Your comparing apples and oranges. Large families will always burn that but more . I’m averaging 15kwh a day just now. Maybe a bit more. Base load through the night is approx 0.22kwh. Which is quite lowish. Of course having a smart meter I can see half hrly figures. Can see something coming to life at 4am most mornings . Not worked out what that is yet !

Still planning on solar but need to be able to cover my base load minimum !

Of course difference size families will use more, im not saying they wont.

Is it your fridge or freezer kicking in??? Or maybe routers firing up ready for use??

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
mine is 30p kwh electric and 7p kwh for gas........were are you getting the above from if its that high?? my last bill was £92

mine is the standard variable rate and pay when bill arrives ( no DD for me with utilities)
Fixed rates offered are considerably higher than current prices because everyone is expecting increases over the next two, maybe three, cap periods at least.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I also think there is an element of providers not wanting you to fix ! Why else would they want you to fix it for two years at this !!!!!????

1660192968620.png

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I also think there is an element of providers not wanting you to fix ! Why else would they want you to fix it for two years at this !!!!!????
Because then they pretty much know they've got that income for two years. That's the benefit for them, but of course they try to price it so they don't lose money over the term, even if prices go up a bit more than they expect.

Jody

Stubborn git
67p a kwh.....:ohmy:

Wave bye bye to the kids PC gaming at that cost :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Am I right in assuming that solar panels are not suitable for many as apart from the capital cost you need a South facing roof for it to be viable?

More or less. Our roof is East/west so we only get sun half a day on each face. The garage is south facing, but there are trees that shade it most of the year due to angle of the sun.

D

Deleted member 26715

Am I right in assuming that solar panels are not suitable for many as apart from the capital cost you need a South facing roof for it to be viable?

Not really, in an ideal world yes, but East/West roofs can work & in some cases are better, a West facing roof can be good if you work away from home all day & are home in the evening. I'm waiting for my install on the 22nd on my South facing roof, but I'm already looking at having another 6 panels put on a West facing roof.

But there are additional costs involved as you will have to have 2 inverters or several micro inverters, the array works at the lowest performing panel, so in the morning the East panels will be trying to produce more than the West panels & then in later in the day the West more than the East. So you would need them to be split, I know sort of the theory but you'd need somebody who actually knows to give you proper advise, which I think is the hardest part.

I've gone with a company who my gut says are good, but we'll see in the future whether they are or not.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me

before i set-up my solar panel (120w) that i use to run my office, i spent days/weeks tracking the sun across the garden from my office window. My panel is in the sun for nearly 14hrs of the day in the summer months and around 6hrs during the winter. So i knew that i would have enough solar to charge my solar generator that i use to run my laptop, screen, tv and sky Q box.......i draw about 70w an hour for all 4 items ( i only plug the laptop in when the batteries is at 10%) and the 500wh generator will last all day, as tis charging off the panel as i use it.

Most input i have seen from my panel is around 80watts...which means i wouldnt be usng any battery power during those times and if it dips below 70watts, then i start to use the battery to supplement the dip.

I know that doesnt help some people, but will hep others. What it means, is that a WFH and draw no power from the grid to do so.

Top Bottom