Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wonder if thats an option for those us working from home, go back to the office. Maybe it's all a big conspiracy
by putting up energy prices to get us all back in and buying coffee :laugh:

Personally though I know my office has been decomisioned and there are bookable desks if I want to go in, I might try and work out the cost of a days work at home but I suspect it's still cheaper for me not to travel in (esp when including getting travel time back).

I'm riding in, so it's no cost in fuel. We're supposed to do at least two days, possibly three, but will aim for three. TBH I don't need to heat the house during the day. It's electric we will be really cutting back on.

I'm riding in, so it's no cost in fuel. We're supposed to do at least two days, possibly three, but will aim for three. TBH I don't need to heat the house during the day. It's electric we will be really cutting back on.

I've just moved and and hoping the same, the new house seems to retain a lot more heat than the old. I'll be in only the one room anyway come work time.

As knew I was moving I've been lurking on this thread a while to absorb all the tips for saving in here. First things first are smart plugs all around I think :okay:

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I've just moved and and hoping the same, the new house seems to retain a lot more heat than the old. I'll be in only the one room anyway come work time.

As knew I was moving I've been lurking on this thread a while to absorb all the tips for saving in here. First things first are smart plugs all around I think :okay:

Ive worked out, that my home office runs on 100watts an hour………thats a laptop, 2nd screen, tv and sky q mini. So 700watts for the working day or 21p. Theres an average of 23 working days in a month. So around £4.83 a month.

Theres 4.54 litres to a gallon (aprox) on current prices 1.80 for diesel thats £8.17 a gallon.

So for me to get to work and back by car for one day is £4.92….i’ll stick to working from home.

Last edited:
Ive worked out, that my home office runs on 100watts an hour………thats a laptop, 2nd screen, tv and sky q mini. So 700watts for the working day or 21p. Theres an average of 23 working days in a month. So around £4.83 a month.

Theres 3.89 litres to a gallon (aprox) on current prices 1.80 for diesel thats £7 a gallon.

So for me to get to work and back by car for one day is £4.20…….i’ll stick to working from home.

Cheers, thats a very similar setup to me so so I'll work out my 100 watts per hour cost. I also have a small (electric) oil filled radiator but even if I ran it all day I doubt it'd make a big difference.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
My neice is on a prepay meter in a rented home. She's struggling now, going to be crucified come October

My sister is on prepay too. Its heartwarming that she is charged at a higher rate just because she has the audacity to have very little money and on top of that is not able to smooth the bills over the year as per direct debit.

This country really cares about those in need and that makes me proud.

jowwy

There are 4.54 litres in a UK gallon and 3.78 litres in a USA gallon. Not sure where 3.89 comes from.

Its what google came up with….but i did say approx. Original post now amended. I dont want the usual clowns complaining yet again about every thread i post on.

Last edited:

jowwy

My sister is on prepay too. Its heartwarming that she is charged at a higher rate just because she has the audacity to have very little money and on top of that is not able to smooth the bills over the year as per direct debit.

This country really cares about those in need and that makes me proud.

If you pay on receipt of bill, you pay even more than pre-payment meter customers

PaulSB

Legendary Member
How can someone not know how many litres to the gallon? 🤣🤣🤣

jowwy

How can someone not know how many litres to the gallon? 🤣🤣🤣

Why would everyone need to know…..some of us dont really care. But its nice of you to add the sum of nothing to this thread, other then to take the michael….yet again.

jowwy

Well it helps when calculating the price per gallon of a product priced in litres.

Again, still dont care………and again adding the sum of nothing to the thread, but just take the michael and cause arguments. Which seems to be your MO in every thread i post in.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well it helps when calculating the price per gallon of a product priced in litres.

Why would I need to do that? I just buy petrol when I need it, seeking out the most competitive litre price. Given it’s sold in litres now in the Uk. I don’t pay much attention to mpg, my car will use what it uses for the journeys that I do :okay:

midlife

Guru
Just had 1000 litres heating oil delivered, will try and eek it out for as long as possible, even then I guess the price will have gone up by the time the tank needs refilling.

I got my latest statement through today from my energy provider (both gas and electricity). Tariff is fixed until the end of 2023.

To say it’s confusing is an understatement. They list three previous bills which they say they have revised and credited various amounts. I can only assume that they refer to bills paid before the recent merger with another company as I don’t recognise the bill numbers.

Anyway it tells me I am a smidge over £400 in credit and paying £85 a month. Praying they stay afloa!

Top Bottom