England v Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Predictions for tonight?

Not sure if the U21's is a good indicator (hope not!) but England gubbed the Scots 6-0 last night.

I'll go 2-3 Scotland with a Rooney hat trick - own goal in the last minute wins it for the boys in blue...;)

I'd like to be optimistic, but I'm just Hoping Strachan doesn't go for an 8-1-1 formation or do a 'Levein' and not play any strikers at all! :ohmy:

It used to be that the U21 side did fairly well and the senior side did the opposite, maybe they are trying to reverse that pattern by telling the U21s to get gubbed first?! ;)

BSRU

A Human Being
I imagine they'll kick around abit, the England fans will be upset they do not play like Brazil and haven't scored 4 goals at least then start fighting with each other while the Scots will be enjoying themselves planning which pub/bar/strip joint their going after the game.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I'd like to be optimistic, but I'm just Hoping Strachan doesn't go for an 8-1-1 formation or do a 'Levein' and not play any strikers at all! :ohmy:

It used to be that the U21 side did fairly well and the senior side did the opposite, maybe they are trying to reverse that pattern by telling the U21s to get gubbed first?! ;)

They did a cracking job then!

Durian

Über Member
Never mind the score, it'll be more interesting to see how many red cards there are, how many broken legs, how many pitch invasions, but perhaps, more importantly, will Rod Stewart be in attendance?

Also, who's idea was it to play a friendly three days before the Premier League kicks off?

AndyRM

XOXO

Also, who's idea was it to play a friendly three days before the Premier League kicks off?

Who's idea was it to play a friendly 2 weeks after the SPL kicked off?

I'm not having a dig at you, but the way the English media gets so worked up about the timings of friendlies is a total joke.

It does strike me as a bit odd that pretty much every country in the footballing world is playing tonight, when their leagues are already underway or just about to. Anybody know why?

I think we'll score, but probably end up losing 2 - 1. I'm also expecting to add to my reasons for Scott Brown, who is a wee ned prick.

Durian

Über Member

I'm not having a dig at you, but the way the English media gets so worked up about the timings of friendlies is a total joke.

It does strike me as a bit odd that pretty much every country in the footballing world is playing tonight, when their leagues are already underway or just about to. Anybody know why?

I think we'll score, but probably end up losing 2 - 1. I'm also expecting to add to my reasons for Scott Brown, who is a wee ned prick.

No problems! I think it's crazy to be playing a friendly at this point whether you're a fan of English or Scottish football. I guess, as usual, it's down to money.

AndyRM

XOXO
No problems! I think it's crazy to be playing a friendly at this point whether you're a fan of English or Scottish football. I guess, as usual, it's down to money.

Agreed.

Even more baffling is a ruling in recent years which allows Scottish clubs to postpone a league match to take part in a friendly.

Whoever came up with that wants their head examined.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
National teams need early season friendlies too, just like the club teams. I wonder what the media reaction would be if England lost a couple of qualifiers due to missing out on a chance to test players/tactics in a friendly.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru

Don't hold back now, tell us what you really think... :whistle:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
According to FB the scots have taken over Trafalger Square and put washing up liquid in the fountain - oh the jolly japes of the football supporter...

Oh and the offies ran out of booze at 2pm :laugh:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
cool...I didn't even know this was on...right...sounds like a pig out / sofa / football on tv type of evening then^_^

i'd like to see extra time ..penalties...several red cards....a good old style pitch invasion...a couple of streakers...and anybody other than mark lawrensen (sp?) at half time.

AndyRM

XOXO

Don't hold back now, tell us what you really think... :whistle:

If you insist...

He is an absolute fandan of the highest order who stalks around the park like an inbred hooligan. It wouldn't surprise me if he stabbed someone on the pitch one day, having produced a razor blade he'd concealed in his mouth.

Any time I have seen him play against us (Kilmarnock) he has assumed some kind of divine right to hoof our players up and down the park, and got away with it due to the spineless nature of most referees.

He nearly crippled Alexei Eremenko, who is the finest player I've seen in the stripes for some time.

Memorably, I saw him attempt to stare down one of the young Killie lads a few seasons ago. Can't remember who, but he was only a teenager. Killie lad stood his ground, Brown backed off like a simpering wean when he realised the boy wasn't going anywhere. It was hilarious.

He just comes across as deeply, deeply unlikeable. It's weird, because I hated Barry Ferguson, but when he played for Scotland I admired his skill and command of the mid-field. Scott Brown could be better than Cristiano Ronaldo and pay for me to go to Scotland in the World Cup finals, and I'd probably still think he was an absolute melt.

Top Bottom