Entered my First Audax - now what???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Once you get past a certain percentage completed on a long ride IME you become focused on finishing and just want it to be over, it's probably the same effect as the one that, when you need the toilet, allows you to hold it in for ages, but as soon as you're outside your own front door fumbling with the keys it becomes a matter of life and death. Saying that I've never ridden more than 250km in a day before so YMMV
On the TV program about the Highlands and Islands one of the riders said something very similar to this, except his imagery was a bit more poetic. He used the word "arc" and never used the word "toilet".

Basically he said that all rides have a beginning, a middle and an end. It's just that the beginning of one ride may be bigger than some other whole rides.

On the TV program about the Highlands and Islands one of the riders said something very similar to this, except his imagery was a bit more poetic. He used the word "arc" and never used the word "toilet".

Basically he said that all rides have a beginning, a middle and an end. It's just that the beginning of one ride may be bigger than some other whole rides.
I'm not a poet :tongue:
Are the Pyrenees near the Lakes then?
Je suis desolé monsieur, je ne comprends pas.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I got a nice season end 110k on sunday to do. Except it's 77k's to get there and 77k's back.
Thank gawd weather is looking good.

Yeah there was a few who rode to the start of the 200 on Sunday from near and far (and presumably home) - nuts.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yeah there was a few who rode to the start of the 200 on Sunday from near and far (and presumably home) - nuts.

There is a 200k version of the ride but decided on the shorter one otherwise it meant getting out of the house at 4am for the start. I'll have to be out of the house at 6am as it is.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

It's only "nuts" because you've not got used to it yet :tongue:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It might just be that I am tired today, but what does this mean please?
Distance:
300 km in 20h00
Date:
Saturday 16th April 2016
Time:
06:00 to finish by + 02:00

:unsure:
If you did 200km in 12 hours, you'll do the 300 in 20 no problems, unless you get sick of the bike after 250km.
Happened to me (well before 250km), fortunately just the once, my only thoughts were "I must get off this bike ... now!".
Couldn't face the bike, not even cleaning it, for the next two days, just as well I didn't have work to ride to.
Horrible feeling, was actually contemplating giving up cycling.
Got over it once I had to resume work :sweat:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
It's only "nuts" because you've not got used to it yet :tongue:

I am really not sure whether I'll ever get used to it to be honest, I can't decide if this is a good idea or a bad one but it has me hooked - I was really surprised at the speed everyone fired off at on Sunday, though pleased I wasn't the slowest and I finished within time.

Top Bottom