Eric Elliott Transport Lorry.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Is this THE worse case of judgement/lack of attention ever? In 6 years of commuting, this is only the 2nd time I've felt compelled to complain to a company. I shudder to think of what could have happened to me, any pedestrians crossing to/from the island, or anyone pulling out of the junction where the bus is turning.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a4dQG5fIHzM

Drago

Legendary Member
Report that. Ive run cases for dangerous driving for pulling exactly that stunt and had peoples licences away for it.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Can the reg be seen? Send it to the Police and the company's transport manager. Even if the reg can't be seen, most fleet vehicles now have a tracker and the time and place should be sufficient to get the driver sacked. There's a least one moving traffic offence there.

Reactions: mjr

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
I don't understand the video. Could the driver not stop in time because of his poor driving or did he just do that deliberately because he did not want to slow down?

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I've spent ages trying to find an email address, guess I'll have to give them a call.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm not trying to excuse an appalling piece of driving, but if the lorry driver had tried to keep to the left of the island, the cyclist would have ended up under his wheels, wouldn't he? The driver completely failed to anticipate the road conditions ahead but he made a non-lethal decision to get out of it. Am I being too charitable?

Top Bottom