erm..the things only women do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

theclaud said:
Got to go. Will explain later if you like. Kirstie's posted something interesting - why not reply to that?

I'll look forward to it.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
Smack someone in the balls.

When asked, the men I know wouldn't because they know how painful it is. However, I, and many other women I know, have done so. :smile:

Great post Kirstie. Very insightful.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
badkitty said:
You've been to my house. Does it look like I spend my day doing housework? ;):rofl::rofl:

Anyway, even if I did do housework, it would be because I wanted to do it for me.It's my choice. I certainly won't bow to pressure from anyone else to do it.
And stop being a c*ck..:smile::evil::biggrin:

Yeah I totally agree. However Mrs 25x26 does like some done (sigh). So I do muck in once in a while. (I don't expect her to do it either but she seems to feel the need).

patheticshark

Kirstie said:
I have a colleague who is transgender - from man to woman. I find her insights fascinating. She said that the biggest difference she has noticed was that, as a woman, she appears to be given fewer 'rights to speak' than when she was a man - she is talked over in meetings more often, she said she feels less listened to, that her opinions are not heard out and are not taken as seriously - dismissed out of hand. I also find this to be the case in professional contexts.

My question is thus whether the stereotypical attribution of women as nagging, whinging etc is more about their subordination: in other words about denying them empowerment, participation, and influence which is based on the visible aspects of their gender, rather than them actually nagging, whinging etc.

I think this is absolutely true and one of the reasons I get pretty uncomfortable using this forum as there is a huge trend for complaining about the nagging wife on here, more so than any other cycling forum I've used.

Of course whenever I mention this I get shot down for whinging.

patheticshark said:
I think this is absolutely true and one of the reasons I get pretty uncomfortable using this forum as there is a huge trend for complaining about the nagging wife on here, more so than any other cycling forum I've used.

Of course whenever I mention this I get shot down for whinging.

There are certainly more 'traditional' views of gender expressed on here than I have seen in other forums I've been on.

Greedo

Kirstie said:
I have a colleague who is transgender - from man to woman. I find her insights fascinating. She said that the biggest difference she has noticed was that, as a woman, she appears to be given fewer 'rights to speak' than when she was a man - she is talked over in meetings more often, she said she feels less listened to, that her opinions are not heard out and are not taken as seriously - dismissed out of hand. I also find this to be the case in professional contexts.

My question is thus whether the stereotypical attribution of women as nagging, whinging etc is more about their subordination: in other words about denying them empowerment, participation, and influence which is based on the visible aspects of their gender, rather than them actually nagging, whinging etc.

Interesting post Kirstie.

I know 2 of my 4 sisters have had a hard time in their careers due to some of this. Neither could be accused of being naggers though.

One in particular who's a chef has had some horrendous experiences.

One works in the media and has day to day dealings with the comedians of this world. Some of the comments she's had to deal with also have been shocking and have put me off some people i thought were funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom