Espresso coffee...why do people bother with it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I tend to drink just one coffee per day, normally using a pod machine.
Yesterday I 'discovered' some espresso pods in the cupboard so tried one today.
It was so small....not much more than one mouthfull.
So (serious question) why bother ?

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Because several years of lifestyle advertising has made it a must have for the middle class.

Or

They really enjoy it.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I tend to drink just one coffee per day, normally using a pod machine.
Yesterday I 'discovered' some espresso pods in the cupboard so tried one today.
It was so small....not much more than one mouthfull.
So (serious question) why bother ?

Sometimes less is more! Though I tend to have a 'Doppio' or double espresso - twice the quantity.
It's a nice small, powerful, concentrated flavour and caffeine hit. Sometimes just what hits the spot when you don't want lots of volume.
However, would rather have an espresso and a glass of water that an insipid americano or sickly cappuccino.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Mock? They should be made to drink a double shot...especially if they're working in the shop....

Edited for suitable punishment

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We get some really nice 'Peru' coffee for our Dolce Gusto - from the 'short sell by date' shop in the village. It's supposed to be an expresso, but run a full cup through the pod, and it's a really nice 'americano' coffee. That reminds me, we've run out so need to go buy a batch on the 'cheap'.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Sometimes less is more! Though I tend to have a 'Doppio' or double espresso - twice the quantity.
It's a nice small, powerful, concentrated flavour and caffeine hit. Sometimes just what hits the spot when you don't want lots of volume.
However, would rather have an espresso and a glass of water that an insipid americano or sickly cappuccino.

Well this Tassimo espresso didn't hit any spot for me.

Top Bottom