Etape Caledonia 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's me home I had a great day, nice seeing Scoosh again; after lunch I waited a while to see if the forum folk came in but I guess they already had.

It was a bit blowy but the weather was good too :tongue:

I got the impression that the locals were making a special effort (gratefully accepted) to make up for last years idiot.

Almost the exact same time as last year (minus you know what), I'll have to work harder to get sub 4h 15, just missed it.

gavintc

Guru
Good effort HLaB. I am glad that the tacks did not make a return.

just jim

Wow - what a day! Extra-friendly and supportive spectators eased me to a 5hr 2 minute time. The weather was just about right - nice and cool and no intrusive headwind to speak of. The event was very well organised - I can't see how they could have done much more to help. Hope you'se all had a good time!

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
I had a great day too, missed my wave but go in on the next one so not bad. Don't know my proper time as I forgot to reset my computer :blush: but i got in at 11:56 on my HRM and wave M was supposed to leave at 7:24. I'm just delighted that I got home before 12 as I expected to be back about 12:15.
My wife was even there for the start AND finish - what a star :wub::hugs::hugs::rolleyes:
Viniga's tips certainly helped too - keep with a good group, do your bit if you can and on the lumpy bit past Weem to Logierait keep pedaling on the down hill bits.

I was passed by Magnatom on the Fortingal loop so he should have a good time as I think he was to leave about 14 mins after I did.

Also I did a Cavendish at a few of the cameras - riding no hands, one pointing at the Macmillan logo on my top and the other with my thumb up :biggrin:

PaulB

Legendary Member
gavintc said:
Good effort HLaB. I am glad that the tacks did not make a return.

Ha, what's wrong with the return of tax, hmm? You support the new governing regime, hey?

The results are up on the website (downloadable spreadsheet).

Waspie

Über Member
What a great day. Weather was almost perfect, friendly locals, no tacks and a well organised event.

I was aiming/hoping for a time of 4.30 and ended up finishing in just under 4 hrs 7. Totally gobsmacked. Legs are going to be sore tomorrow though!

Geraldom

My first go and what a great day. The real beauty is the closed roads, no need to worry about cars coming in opposite direction. Weather was just about perfect,although it seemed the slight headwind never gave us anything back !!

4hr 35 on computer, probably around 4.45 when couple of comfort breaks included. Could have done bit better if i'd jumped on fast groups early rather than work myself, but something to aim for next year.

Well done the organisers (and some the times you boys has posted are excellent)

G

themightyw

Magnificent day of cycling! Recce ride time was 5 hours, time today 4hrs 30 mins, 18mph average. Really chuffed - couldn't have asked for better conditions, a better welcome or better organisation.

I was the last person out of the carpark, so I knew I was going to struggle to get into a group, but enjoyed the solo ride. Plugged into a chain gang in the last 10 miles which really helped me when the legs were tiring.

The only down side was that when I got home I was on such a high I suggested that we all cycling into town for some dinner.

You have no idea how hard it was getting my cold, weary legs to pull the trailer with my 1 year old and 4 year old the mere 2 miles in to town and back again at 5pm this afternoon.

Does anyone have any 'general' photos of the event? I'd love some for my album.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:ohmy: Glad to hear all had a good day out ... and some really fast times :thumbsup::bravo:

Did anybody remember to take any photos along the route? :ohmy:

T

Top Bottom