Scotland : Perthshire Etape Caledonia 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
Just a heads up for those interested in doing it next year it is now open for entries

£63 this year :ohmy: But if it is anything like the previous years well worth the money and one of my favourite rides/events of the year.

musa

Über Member
Link if you may ( using phone)

Angus444

Have done this one 2010,11, and 12. Pre-registered for the 2013 event, but have not received my e-mail from the organisers telling me that I can now enter. Fortunately, a mate sent the link to me, and I was able to book.

Just hope that others who pre-registered don't miss out............

Have done this one 2010,11, and 12. Pre-registered for the 2013 event, but have not received my e-mail from the organisers telling me that I can now enter. Fortunately, a mate sent the link to me, and I was able to book.

Just hope that others who pre-registered don't miss out............
Went straight into my spam folder. :ninja:Lucky i noticed before deleting.

just jim

Ouch. I paid up anyway. I'm the living embodiment of what the market is willing to pay. I must say that was painful though! If the event didn't incentivise me to improve my time I wouldn't pay that.
Hope they do a decent goody bag this time.

beastie

Guru
I've done the Etape twice its a very well organised event but I think I'll give it a miss at £63. I might go up to Pitlochry the weekend before/after and ride the route for free. However don't let my meaness detract from what is a great and enjoyable event

I did it last year, and am going back this year. I am taking the wife and kids, and meeting up with my family from Aberdeenshire for the weekend. The price is easily absorbed when set against 3 nights in a hotel for a family of 4. Hhhmmmm now that I have totalled it all up I might need a part-time job to pay for it all.

just jim

I'm surprised there isn't more...ok, another closed road, mass ride event like this up in the windswept pitiless north, since this model is clearly quite successful. I'm not sure the competition would drive the price down (Utilities! cough) but perhaps punctuate the season with another event to train for and enjoy.

Well I did it the last two years and thoroughly enjoyed them. :thumbsup:

However, next year I'm planning on paying £2 for the Berwick and Beattock 400km Audax being held the day before Etape :laugh: :thumbsup:
I think I've done it three times (although I only paid for it twice ;)). New scenery/ new challenge for the fraction of the cost, hard choice not, enjoy your Audax :thumbsup:

Top Bottom