Scotland : Perthshire Etape Caledonia 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I`ve been looking at the scottish bike show sportive and i think i will end up doing the classics cairngorm and am pretty sure dunfermline has a sportive i will end up doing that

think am going to leave the bealach beag to 2014, i really want to do that climb

Col5632

Guru
I'm sure there was a thread made about it not all going to charity a while back, i'm sure it says on the website that the money doesnt go to chairty its only to cover the running costs and give medals etc, i was thinking about the dunfermline sportive but might just do the route on my own as i know the short route well :laugh:

Angus444

I am also planning on entering the Cairn o'Mount and Perthshire sportives. Would like to do the Bealach Mor too but will see as it's likely a few days away. Evans looks good but March? Hmmm. Also got the classics (cairngorm) in June. I've still to tell the missus about the other sportives i've entered. :shy:

C O' Mount, Highland Perthshire, Dunfermline and Cairngorm sportives for me too........ Any of you guys up for starting off at the same time, just to get the legs warmed up in a group?

Angus444

Are any of these suitable for a relative beginner if I chose the short course option?

Mo,
The HP and Cairngorm events both had 50 mile and 100 mile routes this year. HP50 was a decent run, http://cairnomountchallenge.org.uk/highland-perthshire-challenge/routes/ just one real incline at Dunkeld, then rolling roads... The Cairngorm 50 was a good run, with the ascent of Cairngorm at the end... Both are suitable for beginners... http://www.handsonevents.co.uk/?page_id=22

The COM short route was 30 miles http://cairnomountchallenge.org.uk/cairn-o-mount-challenge/routes/ and didn't go in the direction of the actual COM, but did go over the Cathertuns...a good challenging climb......

The Dunfermline one, http://sportivedunfermline.org/route.php?id=sho has short, medium and long.

Angus444

I`ve been looking at the scottish bike show sportive and i think i will end up doing the classics cairngorm and am pretty sure dunfermline has a sportive i will end up doing that

think am going to leave the bealach beag to 2014, i really want to do that climb

I wrote to Allan, the Dunfermline organiser.......Sunday 19th May 2013 is the date for this one.....

Col5632

Guru
I wrote to Allan, the Dunfermline organiser.......Sunday 19th May 2013 is the date for this one.....

Better time of year than it was last year, april is still pretty chilly :cold:

Grizzly

Have done this one 2010,11, and 12. Pre-registered for the 2013 event, but have not received my e-mail from the organisers telling me that I can now enter. Fortunately, a mate sent the link to me, and I was able to book.

Just hope that others who pre-registered don't miss out............

I also pre-registered and did not receive an email and therefore missed registration. I emailed the organisers who basically told me that it was tough luck and not their fault. Cant see me bothering to try again.

Angus444

I also pre-registered and did not receive an email and therefore missed registration. I emailed the organisers who basically told me that it was tough luck and not their fault. Cant see me bothering to try again.
That's a poor state of affairs, Grizzly. Like I said, I only made it through luck that a pal sent me his e-mail and link. Surely the whole point of pre-registering was to give people a couple of days to decide if they wished to enter, and to then do so.

Herbie

Veteran

I'm in the same boat...i'm very hacked off but £63 to ride on public roads is a bit steep this year...what if you turned up and just did the the 81 mile route without paying..do the organisers have the right to chuck you off a public road?

Top Bottom