Scotland : Perthshire Etape Caledonia 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
..do the organisers have the right to chuck you off a public road?

No.

The road closure order is not the property of the organisers to use as they see fit.

It has terms applicable to all which probably say something like 'no motorised or vehicular traffic'.

These things often cause conflict which is why some local authorities are reluctant to grant them.

I was spectating at the Pennines Etape and several drivers turned up at the remote T-junction and moaned about their progress being impeded.

This included a car containing a couple of full-on mountain bikers (helmets, armour, cleats etc) who clearly felt no connection to the roadies doing the ride.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Thats me and the girlfriend booked into the Blair castle campsite at blair atholl for this weekend..can`t wait

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I might do the dunfermline and St. Andrews ones but thats about it tbh, trying to save all the money I can this year

Aye sportives ain`t cheap are they, the evans ride is good value for money, plus it`s around a part of scotland i know you really want to ride

Am sure the evans ride is only £15 and if you sign up 4 weeks in advance you get a fee high 5 goody bag worth £10

Col5632

Guru
Aye sportives ain`t cheap are they, the evans ride is good value for money, plus it`s around a part of scotland i know you really want to ride

Am sure the evans ride is only £15 and if you sign up 4 weeks in advance you get a fee high 5 goody bag worth £10

Where is the evans ride about?

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
That is the start times up on the website now - 6.32 for me which is wave B. Pretty pleased with that

Gazmob

Just had a look, I am off at 07:02, not too unhappy with that given that it is my first sportive and have not really ridden in a group(1 CC social cycle excluded). Should have plenty of people around to protect me from the elements. Makes it all seem quite real now, must get out at the weekend for a bit of practice.

Top Bottom