Etape Caledonia - Oh well, nice idea while it lasted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I registered I was given a username and password, but now I want to change my personal details I can find no "magic portal" on the organiser's web site. Has anyone found it? If so, can you please post a link.
Cheers
Stig

neil3072

hi stig, on your confirmation e-mail for etape caledonia - there sghould be the following link:
www.thelondontriathlon.com/entryportal.
you can alter your personal and contact details through this

Neil - tried the link and it didn't work (before you posted it and again after).

Adscrim - e-mailed them during the week, received an automated reply and have heard nothing since to confirm or deny my change of details, which is why I was hoping to find an alternative means.

Maybe I'll have to give them a call at some point.

themightyw

satans budgie said:
TM This group is also local to you. Met them by accident a couple of Sundays ago. Rode a long with them before they turned fro lunch in a local pub. Very welcoming and trundled along at a fair but stready pace. Mix group, mix abilities, good mix of machines.

Kinross Cycling Club worth joining? I have a couple around me but they give the impression of being out and out road clubs and I am looking for a club that is a little more 'inclusive'

Sorry to derail your thread a bit, but I'm also snooping around for clubs in this area, that are somewhere between speed freaks and pure leisure cycling.

The ones I've stumbled upon so far, and my impressions of them seem to be...

Dundee Wheelers: Reasonably pacy but nothing too full on.
Leslies: Some really speedy lads in there (though possibly a slower group also?)

I'm interested in the Kinross Club and will find out more...

SB - we should start up a St A's club :biggrin:

adscrim

Veteran
TechMech said:
I've joined the Kinross Cycling Club as the Perth United folks are way to quick for me and they don't cater for the sub 20mph rider.

Perth Triathlon club have a slower group of riders that leave from the same meeting poing as Perth United on a Sunday morning (south inch car park). I think this means there is a slow, medium and fast group goes out on a Sunday morning. Info from the perth united website.

themightyw

Thanks for the tips, folks! I will definitely look into Perth United. It's 40 mins from me but I'm happy to travel for the right club.

Right - you may all get back to the original thread now. Carry on!

Noodley

I'm sure we can all have a blether re experiences of clubs on Sunday :biggrin:

There will be a club close to you that is just right for you.

Earlier this week I did my first big hill of the year on the way to Stirling (2 day workshop thingy). The mighty Crow Road.

I was very disappointed with myself, as I just had to stop at the car park. ;) I managed that fairly easily last year after about 75 miles on my Ton ride!

However, in mitigation I did have a rucksack on with suit, shoes, 2 shirts, shaver, underwear etc. :smile:

I know on the Etape there are a few short sharp climbs. I'm not worried about those as I have plenty of practice in that on my commute. I also know that Schiehallion is the 'biggest single hill' in the Etape. So how does it compare to Crow Road, remembering I won't be wearing a Rucksack this time!!:smile:

I'm not worried about getting up it, just trying to gauge how much effort is involved.

viniga

Guru
magnatom said:
I also know that Schiehallion is the 'biggest single hill' in the Etape. So how does it compare to Crow Road, remembering I won't be wearing a Rucksack this time!!:laugh:

I'm not worried about getting up it, just trying to gauge how much effort is involved.

Well done going up the Crow Road!

It's a different sort of hill from the Schiehallion, which is steep in bits then flattens off with a few gradual rises and even some downhill. Crow Road generally stays at the same grade for most of the way (gets a bit steeper after the car park I think).

On schiehallion you will use a wide variey of gears and would (well I would) get out of the saddle a fair bit. On crow road you select a gear and go up in that gear all the way.

Top Bottom