Etape Caledonia Sabotaged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adscrim

Veteran
scoosh said:
He's the Leader of the Gang, obviously :smile: .... looking for recruits :smile:

"Where's ya tool?"

"What faaaaackin tool?"

"You know, the little pliers you take on long rides to pull thorns out of tyres."

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
adscrim said:
"Where's ya tool?"

"What faaaaackin tool?"

"You know, the little pliers you take on long rides to pull thorns carpet tacks out of tyres."

Corrected that for you... :ohmy:

viniga

Guru
:angry: Well that's sending the right message. Nothing to stop something similar this year, now not even the threat of jail. :angry:

kennykool

Ach did we not all think that this man was a smoke screen for the whole situation.

I mean firstly did we really believe that ANYTHING was going to happen to this man....a former Laywer, Counciller and church elder to boot. Secondaly did we really believe that this 62 year old man was able to place 10 miles of carpet tacs on the route - all by himself.

ACRE deny any involvement but its clear that they were instrumental in the tacs being laid.

Shocking outcome for what was quite a serious crime in my eyes

I hope they don't try any other stunts this year!!!!!

adscrim

Veteran
What knock on affect does this have on a joint civil case? Are the public allowed access to police files to determine whether a civil case has a chance of success? Was the decision not to prosecute partially driven by the knowledge a conviction could open the floodgates for thousands of competitors claiming return of costs for a 'ruined' event (it wasn't ruined - I still had a great time).

I'm dissappointed by the whole thing but as Kenny says, what else was really expected!

viniga

Guru
adscrim said:

:angry: Very good. Looking at the reviews i'm not convinced these would stop a carpet tack. Might deflect a few...

I'm sure my point is well taken - it's not possible to stop the sabotage and now it will be perceived that there is no legal deterrent[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] I've signed up this year (will be one of only two sportives I can do) and i'm pissed off.

Top Bottom