Etape Caledonia - Start Times Now Available

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Anyone able to provide a link which will allow me to get a parking space?

I've had a look at the site and cannae find anything about parking :laugh:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
AFAIK it is and don't forget to print the email they send you with confirmation otherwise you will be delayed getting parked and miss your start time and I'll leave you in my dust ;) :wacko:

themightyw

kfinlay said:
AFAIK it is and don't forget to print the email they send you with confirmation otherwise you will be delayed getting parked and miss your start time and I'll leave you in my dust ;) :wacko:

Until we catch you up when your rear mech collapses again :biggrin:

Did you get that fixed?

Noodley

OK carpark paid for.

Didn't realise we had to be there the day before as well to register - I'm not really paying attention at all am I? ;):wacko:

themightyw

Noodley said:
OK carpark paid for.

Didn't realise we had to be there the day before as well to register - I'm not really paying attention at all am I? ;):wacko:

I think you can be there the day before to do it also. I plan to hop over on my way home from work on the Fri.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
themightyw said:
Until we catch you up when your rear mech collapses again :bicycle:

Did you get that fixed?

Yeah CRC sent me a new one FOC so all good, from what I've been able to work out there was some sort of chain jam that caused the mech to be pulled back, up and over then snap. No damage to the hanger or frame so all is good. Cassette and chain will be maintained better to ensure everything is running smooth.
If only I could ensure my legs will last as easily :laugh:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
kfinlay said:
Yeah CRC sent me a new one FOC so all good, from what I've been able to work out there was some sort of chain jam that caused the mech to be pulled back, up and over then snap. No damage to the hanger or frame so all is good. Cassette and chain will be maintained better to ensure everything is running smooth.
If only I could ensure my legs will last as easily :evil:

From your sig line, it looks like you have found your ideal saddle at least.:biggrin: How many did you have to try before finding the perfect one? And how did you find it? Just trial and error, or bike fitting, or something else?

T

Hmm. I am staying at backpackers the night before. Does anyone know what the parking is like near there? If I can get parked the day before, I won't need to book parking.

Waspie

Über Member
magnatom said:
Hmm. I am staying at backpackers the night before. Does anyone know what the parking is like near there? If I can get parked the day before, I won't need to book parking.

Ther won't be any parking on the main street next to the Backpackers. There are public car parks 5 minutes walk away on the other side of the main street, I parked there last year, I didn't arrive till late Saturday afternoon and there was still spaces. Might be trickier this year with the increased numbers.

Top Bottom