Etape Caledonia - Start Times Now Available

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Waspie said:
Ther won't be any parking on the main street next to the Backpackers. There are public car parks 5 minutes walk away on the other side of the main street, I parked there last year, I didn't arrive till late Saturday afternoon and there was still spaces. Might be trickier this year with the increased numbers.

Ah, so it might be worth arriving early on Saturday to get a parking space.

I see the organisers are suggesting that you book dinner in the area now! Is there a chippy in Pitlochry! :evil:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Telemark said:
From your sig line, it looks like you have found your ideal saddle at least.;) How many did you have to try before finding the perfect one? And how did you find it? Just trial and error, or bike fitting, or something else?

T

It was just really sorting my position so that I only had a sore bum then trying different saddles but analysing what was right/wrong with the ones I had already used so found the shape I liked and finally realising why I was getting a sore bum was (at least partly) down to road buzz on the stiff aluminium frame my bike has (no carbon stays). Oh and I've got a few tips on my riding style from others so get out of the saddle more regularly.

Wish it hadn't held me back as long as it did as I've not done many long rides - 80 miles once, 60 once, 55 once and 45 a few times. Will try at least a 60 this week again but tend to make things pretty hilly when I'm out. The 80 I did was the Etape Cal recce ride so at least I know I can do it :biggrin: Hopefully I'll get away from work and catch you and HJ at the RV on 9th

B-B-BikeyStrike!

7.24 for me, a full 10 minutes before my friend.

On a more boring legal level, doesnt this spreadsheet contravene some kind of Data Protection law? Surely a public spreadsheet with all the competitors and the eMail addresses of those who have pulled out isnt right?

Stephen-D

07:20 for me! i also got a parking space like KFinlay so hopefully i wont need to start stressing before i even get there :evil: will treat the saturday signing in as a test drive up.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Noodley said:
Aye, that 'wee eck' has been saying that for the last 3 years and it has never come true :laugh:

You still dropped me on the Recce ride though and you'll have plenty more miles in your legs by now :laugh:

Top Bottom