Etape Pennines - October 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dkaymurray

Hi there, i have a place in the Etape Pennines for sale, as i am unable to attend the event.. If you know anyone who would like to ride it, then i will be happy to sell on for £40..

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
With the registration I'm going to have to drive up to register and then drive back home on the Saturday, followed by driving up again on the Sunday :sad:

Is there anyone local that could register for me? - you'd need my photo ID and a letter from me. Edit - a kind work colleague's offered to register on my behalf.

TBH it's silly. The Cheshire Cat registration was brilliant and simple; all done by post before the event.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

@John_c thanks for helping out on the event.

Providing the bike's OK I'll be coming through on a Spesh Secteur and I'll update the clothing closer to the time. The CC jersey may be out as well!

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

@ColinJ - the first batch set off ay 07:00 - then every 2 minutes in batches of 200 with the last at 07:26

For some reason I'm towards the back with the 'fast' ones :eek:

stevegt

Can anyone give me an estimate of when the first riders will be reaching Butterknowle area? I fancy a ride up to spectate but cant find any details on approx times!

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Looks like a cold one; 2 degrees at the start up to a max of about 10-11 degrees :cold: - although it looks sunny all day

I'll be in DHB thermal bib shorts, leg warmers for the start plus the CC jersey will probably make an outing since it's the jersey that matches them closest. The acid green Castelli jersey's the only alternative.

Top Bottom