Etiquette advice for bad female driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Kirstie said:
Umh I'll just add that if some car driver came at me with a load of sexual aggression following whatever altercation then they would be met with my unbridled rage. I would have no qualms about getting out of the car and kicking the living crap out of them. If you are a female, sexual aggression is completely unacceptable. If you want to provoke a situation, then by all means call a woman a 'b*tch' or whatever, but if you do expect a less than co-operative response.

I think if you're getting to the insulting each another stage, it's hard to imply rules. I had a woman say that she would be "happy to kill me, if she was allowed" last week. I think in that situation she was lucky not to have been pulled out of the car and beating half to death, never mind being called a bitch!!!

BTW, I did neither, I told her I had her number plate, and asked her if what she thought the police would make of her remarks!:blush:

Eat MY Dust said:
BTW, I did neither, I told her I had her number plate, and asked her if what she thought the police would make of her remarks!:blush:

Pretend to be recording it all on your mobile phone and then say, "Threats to kill - I think the current sentence is a 10 month sentence. Have you been in a women's prison before?"

A nasty situation. The salient fact here is not gender, but BMW.

Say whatever you like, but keep laughing, smiling, blowing them kisses. Your parting shot should be a happy, cheery "Have a nice day!". It will drive them into apoplexy and a stress-induced stroke quicker than your aggression - after all, aggression is what they are used to, it's how they communicate, and they are more than capable of dealing with it.

I had an ongoing situation with a WVM on Bethnal Green Road which ended with me and several car drivers laughing at the driver. He became more and more livid and confused.

Last Friday I was beeped aggressively several times from behind. A big cheery wave each time, and I stayed in primary. I'm trying to make the Aikido-type friendly response my default.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I guess we all know that it's best to rise above it, and ride off happy in the knowledge that while they probably have frequent incidents like this (either in the car or in the office or in the supermarket queue) because they are highly-strung numpties with an inflated sense of their own importance, we can "walk the rice paper" (if you get my kung-fu allusion). However, in the heat of the moment, it can be hard to do so, basically (I guess) because of the effects of adrenaline on your body.
So I suggest the surreal approach. Point above her head and shout "It's a hovercraft!". Then cycle off nonchalantly. :blush:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
My old bike had died on me (Gears gone, 2nd hand, not worth repairing).
Bloke I was renting a room off had an old bike in his shed that a neighbour was going to take to the tip, so I was lent this while waiting a few days for my new bike.
50 yards from where I worked is a zig-zag zebra crossing, cycle lane etc. opposite paper shop.
5.45 am, group of workmates stood outside shop, waiting for it to open, I cycle down road, car draws just past me (I'm by back wheel) and pulls in to stop on the zig-zags :blush:
I'm hollering "OI ! OI !", passenger opens window and tells me I should be on the pavement (with a cycle lane ?).
Well, I got off the bike, threw it into someones privet hedge, turned round and gave the passenger and the driver my best ' Stavros the chef ' tirade I could and walked off. 1 stunned driver, 1 stunned passenger, workmates pishin themselves laughing !!!!

(Someone brought the bike into work for me).

S'pose you had to be there really.

OP
OP
bof

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
Kirstie said:
Umh I'll just add that if some car driver came at me with a load of sexual aggression following whatever altercation then they would be met with my unbridled rage. I would have no qualms about getting out of the car and kicking the living crap out of them. If you are a female, sexual aggression is completely unacceptable. If you want to provoke a situation, then by all means call a woman a 'b*tch' or whatever, but if you do expect a less than co-operative response.

Leaving aside the "rise above it all" or smart alec response - thats actually easy for me most of the time - the cutting up was one of the worst things I have had in many thousands of miles cycling, much of it in inner London - and it was deliberate. I was absolutely furious, I felt a strong need to respond. This presents a problem - presuming I want to swear at a woman with a strong word - what is acceptable, then, given that most strong swear words have a sexual connotation?

Or if sexual aggression deserves a beating up, does driving like hers deserve similar?

Tetedelacourse

bof said:
Leaving aside the "rise above it all" or smart alec response - thats actually easy for me most of the time - the cutting up was one of the worst things I have had in many thousands of miles cycling, much of it in inner London - and it was deliberate. I was absolutely furious, I felt a strong need to respond. This presents a problem - presuming I want to swear at a woman with a strong word - what is acceptable, then, given that most strong swear words have a sexual connotation?

Or if sexual aggression deserves a beating up, does driving like hers deserve similar?

daffodil

ChrisW

Twenty Inch said:
A nasty situation. The salient fact here is not gender, but BMW.

Say whatever you like, but keep laughing, smiling, blowing them kisses. Your parting shot should be a happy, cheery "Have a nice day!". It will drive them into apoplexy and a stress-induced stroke quicker than your aggression - after all, aggression is what they are used to, it's how they communicate, and they are more than capable of dealing with it.

I had an ongoing situation with a WVM on Bethnal Green Road which ended with me and several car drivers laughing at the driver. He became more and more livid and confused.

Last Friday I was beeped aggressively several times from behind. A big cheery wave each time, and I stayed in primary. I'm trying to make the Aikido-type friendly response my default.

Yep, the big wave and smile...confuses the average moron BMW/WVM driver..it's my favourite ploy as well. Then i can carry on my way feeling suitably smug, if i swear needlessly then i just feel dissapointed with myself.

Chris

papercorn2000

I do have a rather ingenious way of dealing with such people. However, it is time-consuming, kinda messy and legally a bit dodgy.

yenrod

BOF - you could of totally floored her after she said "blocked me in and told me I was'n't showing her respect by calling her that" - by asking her out whatever the situ.

:blush:t simply would have a class move in whatever way meant !!!

I've always found sticking my tongue out at these people quite useful.

Like the cheery wave approach above, it seems to irritate beyond all proportion with its offensiveness.

f

Tetedelacourse

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
I imagine it has something to do with his profession and deciding to reveal it to sed miscreant?

Have none of you read Papercorn's excellent handbook for safe (and vengeful)cycling - Psychocraft?

It's targeted at those for whom Cyclecraft just didn't cut the mustard.

Top Bottom