Etiquette for scalping time triallists..............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
........while on your recumbent?
Will a nonchalant, regal flick of the hand suffice?
In the end I took pity
.......but I could have!!

SBaxter

Had the same experience at the weekend when we stumbled across a TT in Knutsford!

I didnt have the heart but my pal who was with me decided to overtake one of them the guy was so annoyed! :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I've scalped a few triathletes out by Tadcaster. The were a bit gobsmacked to be overtaken by an overweight mobile eclipse of the sun on a Dawes Galaxy sporting one pannier bag.

I didn't have the heart to tell them that gears were there to be spun through not ground upon.

redddraggon

Blondie
vernon said:
I've scalped a few triathletes out by Tadcaster.

Passing a trianthelope is nothing to brag about, most of them are all a bit special and can barely ride a bike:

3871673208_fa167dfa27_o.jpg

redddraggon

Blondie
willhub said:
I was riding nice and steady at about 20mph one day, all nice and jolly, when some guy was TT'ing, part of a Triathlon, he had a carbon bike with ZIPP wheels, was doing about 19mph O_o

Did he have stabilisers on too?

GrasB

Veteran
willhub, some triathletes are surprisingly weak cyclists.

OTOH a friend of mine was on a 25mile TT when they blew up about 2 miles from the end... riding a 5 grand TT bike & could just about get to 15mph :smile:

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
betty swollocks said:
Etiquette for scalping time triallists..............

......... is to slap them on the back of the head as you go past :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have passed a few TT'ers in Cheshire in my past. I was also a reasonably good TT'er in my day coming in the top 20 of a full field.

It's awkward if you pass someone as you are warming up or down......, never mind when out on a training run ;)

Top Bottom