Etiquette shown to guests in one's home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I always off a cup of tea. To anyone who comes around, friends, neighbours, when the people came to fit new radiators etc. If it's late afternoon or evening, I might offer a beer as an alternative.
I felt a bit awkward yesterday when a neighbour came round and I offered a cuppa. She said yes, but when I was getting the milk out of the fridge, she said "I'd rather have some of that wine in your fridge". I gave her some but she motioned for me to fill the glass right up. I was kind of saving it for later and told her this.
On her way out, she asked if she could 'take' - that's the word she used - that bottle of red in my cupboard :ohmy: Bit of a cheek. Told her it wasn't mine but BFs. She said that he wouldn't mind. I said that he bloody would. It's a very nice bottle of red and it's mine. Not much change from £40 for that and it's being saved for a special occasion. It's been in the cupboard a goodly while and it was a gift.
She was a bit frosty with me this morning.

I'd have just carried on with the tea making. Is that soured or skimmed milk you prefer? ....

MikeG

Guru
Totally agree, these add ons spoil the look of a house.......

They can, of course. On the other hand they have been a feature of English cottages for a thousand years, and a nice well proportioned porch can not only enhance the look of the building, but if it is enclosed it can offer significant increase in comfort for the occupants.

MikeG

Guru
Thanks Tim. There's over 100 pages and 4000 images here if you really wanted to see the whole renovation and extension thing from scratch. Some guy read it a few weeks back and it took him over 40 hours!!

The mug is my wife's, given to her as a present by one of the kids in her class. Mrs G, you see.....

Tim Hall

Thanks Tim. There's over 100 pages and 4000 images here if you really wanted to see the whole renovation and extension thing from scratch. Some guy read it a few weeks back and it took him over 40 hours!!

The mug is my wife's, given to her as a present by one of the kids in her class. Mrs G, you see.....
Well thanks a bunch. Some of us are meant to be packing in preparation for moving house you know...

(got a link to the workshop build?)

DanZac

Nice one @MikeG there goes my early night the Mrs is going to go mad, and if it's going to take me 40 hours to get through I suspect work might have something to say about my absence too.

Top Bottom