European Championships with spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Location
Gloucester
Not sure why Ciccone feels hard done by

It's his own fault - he lost because he didn't throw his bike before the finish line (a bike throw gets you about 25 cm).
HTy-4FRWAAAC_Kc?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
 
Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Lefty tighty. Get it righty.
It's his own fault - he lost because he didn't throw his bike before the finish line (a bike throw gets you about 25 cm).
View attachment 823637
I was otherwise engaged yesterday and missed this but apparently he says...

“I’ve watched the available footage hundreds of times and, in the shots where the finish line is visible, I keep seeing a sequence of events that I cannot reconcile with that verdict,”
 

Webbo2

Veteran
I was otherwise engaged yesterday and missed this but apparently he says...

“I’ve watched the available footage hundreds of times and, in the shots where the finish line is visible, I keep seeing a sequence of events that I cannot reconcile with that verdict,”

Yet the photo finish photos released by the UCI which are taken from both sides show Remco‘s front wheel hitting the line first. His body is behind Ciccone but his bike is in front.
As above it was all in the throw.
 

M.R.M

Well-Known Member
If you pretty much just sit on for 20k, the least you can do is win the sprint especially when you're 3 bike lengths ahead after the last corner. There is no cosmic injustice. The better rider won fairly (despite doing his very best to lose).
 
Top Bottom