European Championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

Renard

So its down to one match now. A spain Germany final. Who's going to win???

Noodley

It's been so much better not having England playing. Commentators and pundits mostly concentrating on the football rather than twittering about some nonsense about Rooney's lass or how important it is that Becks and Lampers and Coley and <some other tosser> gel....

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
It's been so much better not having England playing. Commentators and pundits mostly concentrating on the football rather than twittering about some nonsense about Rooney's lass or how important it is that Becks and Lampers and Coley and <some other tosser> gel....
I have to agree.

We don't have to suffer the embarrassment of Ingerlund's travelling supporters either.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Smokin Joe said:
I have to agree.

We don't have to suffer the embarrassment of Ingerlund's travelling supporters either.

The badly behaved fans from other nations seem to have behaved pretty well too this tournament. Only badly behaved fans I heard about was Polish ones in Rotherham. On the other hand Howard Webb's bragging afterwards made him look the local village idiot. Been a good tournament all round without England.

Noodley

I'm sure there has been violence which has not been highlighted and maybe it's because I don't watch "the news" and missed it, but we have been spared the "it was the foreign Police, nothing to do with us" rubbish spouted by the people with 100+ convictions for violence and banned from attending English football grounds.

And I have also been spared the pain of Scotland making an arse of it...thankfully.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
There was some violence between German and Croatian supporters after Germany lost to Croatia. When the German police intervened, they suddently forgot their hostility and in the best traditions of international solidarity combined to fight the police. Don't think it was anything serious though.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I really, really, really, really hope that Spain win, for once. I suspect however that Germany will try to nullify their passing game and win with a single goal. The German defence is crap however, and may be torn apart by Torres, Guiza and Fabregas. Please.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Flying_Monkey said:
I really, really, really, really hope that Spain win, for once..

The only down side to Spain winning was voiced by Graham Taylor on the radio this morning:

"The last time Spain won anything was in 1964 and we all know what happened two years later. So I'm backing a Spain win because it will be such a good omen for England."

Precipitous.

Top Bottom