Eurosport Player vs GCN RacePass

Eurosport or GCN?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I watch Eurosport but not subscription. I've a £100 satellite set pointed at the German-language SD service, which is still free. Can't stand the Good-ol'-boys Clueless News.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Eurosport player for the same £19.99 also gets you other sports
There is a special offer at that price on now, but it ends at midnight today.

The TdF and Vuelta are on ITV4 but I am tempted to subscribe again now for the Giro and all the one-day classics and short tours.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There is a special offer at that price on now, but it ends at midnight today.

The TdF and Vuelta are on ITV4 but I am tempted to subscribe again now for the Giro and all the one-day classics and short tours.
I just gave way to temptation with under 30 minutes to go... :okay:

I have discovered that Eurosport Player supports Chromecast so I can cast it across to my TV while I work in a full-screen window on my laptop.

I tested it with a stage of the virtual TdF; odd stuff! I'll try the World Track Championship finals instead... :laugh:

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
After much deliberation, I went with the £20 Eurosport offer.

I really like the GCN guys and what they're doing, but reckon it makes more sense to stay with Eurosport as I get a bunch of other sports and I know I'll always have the commentators I like with them. I do hope that GCN do well, but reckon they should charge a bit less than Eurosport if they really want to pull people in - but best of luck to them, nice bunch of guys.

Previous years I would grab a Eurosport promotion subscription, cancel just before renew date and wait for new promotion to come along. This year I forgot to cancel and it renewed at £20. What is tempting with the GCN app is there will be no adverts.

Tristan

Recorded the Gran Trittico Lombardo live coverage on Eurosport today to watch tonight, and in true Eurosport fashion when the rain meant the live pictures were lost they gave up and put snooker on instead.

It's almost like they are trying to push people to subscribe to GCN, which luckily I did last night on the £19.99 deal and so have been able to watch the full race to the end with a bit of Chromecasting.

rualexander

Legendary Member
I took the GCN offer last week, and tried it last night for the first time to watch the weekend's Strade Bianche races, worked well last night.

But today when I went back to finish watching them, I can't get any of the races to playback on the GCN app either on my phone or my tablet (both android), just get a blank black playback screen and a rotating red buffering type symbol.

Anyone else having problems with GCN?

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Yes, but depends I suppose. My particular Smart TVs (LG and Samsung) both have an app store and the Eurosport app is downloadable from there.

I can't find Eurosport as a downloadable app on my LG TV?

They stopped the smart TV app ages ago because of the different vendor requirements needing per brand customisation or something like that, my Samsung had it working when i bought it which was ace but stopped shortly afterwards, i cast now or use a Amazon fire4k stick which is an amazing bit of kit.

dodgy

Almost signed up to GCN just now, but then realised though they do have an iphone app, they don't have an ipad app that lets you use the full and large screen of the ipad 🤷‍♂️ I don't have any TVs currently capable of airplay (though my LG is promising support this year some time) and also you can't cast to chromecast from ios. Looks like I'm out!

Top Bottom