Eurosport Player vs GCN RacePass

Eurosport or GCN?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Almost signed up to GCN just now, but then realised though they do have an iphone app, they don't have an ipad app that lets you use the full and large screen of the ipad 🤷‍♂️ I don't have any TVs currently capable of airplay (though my LG is promising support this year some time) and also you can't cast to chromecast from ios. Looks like I'm out!
You can cast from iOS to a Chromecast, I do it on a variety of apps.

ianbarton

Veteran
There is a special offer at that price on now, but it ends at midnight today.
Subscribe to the special offer. Wait a week and then cancel it. You can still use it for the rest of your subscription period, but it won't auto-renew at some vastly inflated price.

Does GCN app have the cast to TV icon?

Screenshot_20200808-111944__01.jpg

ES doesn't so I'm struggling to watch that on the TV.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Apppparently you can stream the GCN app to your TV. But not got it myself yet.

I use a Chromecast, plugged into the tv via an HDMI port, you can then stream Eurosport, GCN Race TV, Youtube, and many others. Some smart tv's might have similar functionality but it's certainly not universal, a chromecast is a relatively inexpensive addition.

ianbarton

Veteran
Just tried side loading it on a FireTV. The app launches, but is stretched to full screen and won't load anything. Also tried to install on my Pixelbook, but it doesn't appear in the list of installable apps.

dodgy

Last day today for the GCN race pass discount. I finally went for it, particularly good deal IF we return to normal next year, subscribing now means you basically get 2 race seasons out of it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I use a Chromecast, plugged into the tv via an HDMI port, you can then stream Eurosport, GCN Race TV, Youtube, and many others.
I got one for Christmas on special offer - it works brilliantly.

Tristan

GCN have now launched their Web Player (in Beta) - seems to work well. So can now hook up the laptop to the TV with an HDMI and don't need to rely on the phone and Chromecast

coldash

Veteran
I’m using the GCN app on an old iPhone 7 cast to the tele and it has been faultless. Yesterday’s coverage only took 10% of the (original) battery life. Been a good choice for me

ianbarton

Veteran
How do you find the web app on their site? It's probably staring me in the face, but I can't see it.

Edit found it now, but get "Error connecting with server".

dodgy

Hmm, seems they've now turned the player off, the link above is now just a page to pay for the service.

Top Bottom