Eurosport Player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d87francis

Fantastic thanks all for your help, I have it working!

The app is not available on Google Play, however, if you google "eurosport player apk android" on a computer you can then download the install file and manually installing it on your android device.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The app is not available on Google Play, however, if you google "eurosport player apk android" on a computer you can then download the install file and manually installing it on your android device.
It was, but I reckon it got pulled due to the vast number of complaints when it stopped working! Presumably, it will reappear soon now it is working again.

As well as the vastly better picture quality, I also like the fact that I am able to have the cycling coverage running on my Galaxy Tab while I am doing other things on the laptop, (Now, for example!)

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
It was, but I reckon it got pulled due to the vast number of complaints when it stopped working! Presumably, it will reappear soon now it is working again.

As well as the vastly better picture quality, I also like the fact that I am able to have the cycling coverage running on my Galaxy Tab while I am doing other things on the laptop, (Now, for example!)

Just subscribed the picture quality is very nice on my tablet.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I've been having connection problems when I first start the app. I find that going into the task manager and clearing the memory gets it working again and after that it works reliably until I shut the Galaxy Tab down.

When I first opened it the app closed down then when i reopened it everything was ok.

I tried watching on a streaming website for free last week on my netbook plugged into the TV, but the quality was so poor you could only just tell who people where so I had to subscribe.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Eurosport player via the laptop down the HDMI cable to the TV

^_^
The problem with that is that the web player is about 1/3 of the quality of the player app!

I just checked how much data the app is gobbling up ... 1 week of the Giro coverage plus a few hours of other events ~= 14 GB! That would potentially amount to about 60 GB/month but my plan allows for at least 100 GB/month and I don't think the limit gets enforced unless people really start taking the mickey. Tours are only 3 weeks long so worst case is that I use about half my data allowance watching each Grand Tour. All my other internet use was only about 1.5 GB last week.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
The player app is lovely on android! It's still not in the Google Play Store though, there were problems recently, but it does seem like these have been fixed. Picture quality on my windows laptop is dreadful, blocky and blurry, even with a 20Mbps connection.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The player app is lovely on android! It's still not in the Google Play Store though, there were problems recently, but it does seem like these have been fixed. Picture quality on my windows laptop is dreadful, blocky and blurry, even with a 20Mbps connection.
Are you getting any 'stuttering' on your picture? I'm watching the Tour of California now and the picture is freezing every 5 or 6 seconds for half a second or so.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
There are no options on android, on windows it gives me the illusion of there being options but it settles on it's quite blurry setting, even if i set it to extremely blurry or not too blurry.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

No that there is much that we can do about it either way ...

Hmm - I watched a few minutes on the laptop. It normally runs at an inadequate 1.8 Mb/s but it was just running at a sorry 1.0 - 1.3 Mb/s. The picture frame rate was smooth but the quality was fuzzy. I think I prefer the pristine but jerky app!

Top Bottom