Eurosport Player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It started working again earlier but the sound was all messed up on the channel I wanted to watch.
Yep ... Login working again. Picture working again with garbled sound on British Eurosport. Picture and sound okay on BE 2.

PaddyMcc

Über Member
Having read the various reviews on the Eurosport player I was concerned about forking out for it. However, I bit the bullet and I must say I am delighted. Over the past few days I have had a glut of road and track as the season kicks in big style. I have the app on a giant smart TV (owned by my landlord in the furnished flat) and all-in-all it has been excellent (less the unpredictable start times). Well happy :smile:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Having read the various reviews on the Eurosport player I was concerned about forking out for it. However, I bit the bullet and I must say I am delighted. Over the past few days I have had a glut of road and track as the season kicks in big style. I have the app on a giant smart TV (owned by my landlord in the furnished flat) and all-in-all it has been excellent (less the unpredictable start times). Well happy :smile:
Finally it seems to be fine on all of the old platforms for me now - laptop, phone and tablet - which is slightly annoying because I have the app on my new smart tv so I don't use those platforms any more! I am about to watch stage 2 of Paris-Nice on the TV - good, innit! :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The next couple of months on Eurosport will feature some really great racing!

Volta a Catalunya started today. I'll catch up on that tonight.

I usually check to see what is coming up HERE.

These days, most of the big races are also available 'On Demand' for a week, starting a few hours after the live streaming.

MichaelO

Veteran
Anyone know if the app still works if you are outside the UK (I'm aware that other apps don't allow you to stream when not in UK). There's a 7 day free trial through Amazon Prime - means I'd be able to keep up with TDF while we're away :smile:

400bhp

Guru
Anyone know if the app still works if you are outside the UK (I'm aware that other apps don't allow you to stream when not in UK). There's a 7 day free trial through Amazon Prime - means I'd be able to keep up with TDF while we're away :smile:
Yes it does pal.

I've used it in a few European countries. Rather oddly, whilst in Spain I was getting HD coverage.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The Eurosport Player app on my Samsung Smart TV no longer works and will not be fixed. The app no longer works on my old tablet either (it has creaky old Android Ice Cream Sandwich o/s). The latest version of the app does however work extremely well on my HTC One M8 phone (Android Marshmallow). When in bed or travelling I watch coverage on the phone. If I am sat in front of the TV I cast the picture over to the big screen. I am very happy with the Player app now after a few years when it didn't work properly.

I actually watch the ITV4 coverage when available, but use Eurosport Player when it isn't.

MichaelO

Veteran
Yes it does pal.

I've used it in a few European countries. Rather oddly, whilst in Spain I was getting HD coverage.
Appears that the offer through Amazon means you play it via the Amazon app, which is restricted by country. Might just have to pay for a months subscription for the actual Eurosport app.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Q: How long are stages of Grand Tours available for on demand? I might be away without Internet access for the final week of the Giro and would like to be able to catch up when I get back. I would be missing Sat - Fri but able to start catching up on the final Sat night.

I thought that all of the stages might stay up until a couple of weeks after a race finishes but I just checked and some stages of the recent Tour of the Alps have already been taken down. I suppose if they stay up for a week then I would be ok because I could binge watch 2 or 3 stages as soon as I got home.

Top Bottom