Eurostar Website Booking Window?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
On Weds night I had a web price London to Rotterdam 18th April of £60
On Thurs night I get a web price London to Rotterdam 18th April of £154 (Date is fixed so I can't change it)

I'm guessing that there is some sort of booking window working here - does any one have any tips for getting the best price ?

andym

Über Member
I've never trusted the Eurostar website to give me the best price on through tickets.

I don't know if it's what you've done already, but I would buy the ticket in two parts - use the 'latest deals' button to get the best price to Paris, or in your case, Brussels and then book the onward ticket using ww.tgv-europe.com or www.bahn.de. I know it's a faff but it may be the best way to get the best price.

But I'm afraid the watchword is also 'you snooze and you lose'. If you see a good price grab it before it goes.

JackE

Über Member
The tickets become available 4 months before departure date. We book on that day and have usually got good deals. Once I booked just after midnight to make absolutely sure.

OP
OP
S

sheddy

Legendary Member
Thanks for that. How long should I allow to change at Brussels Midi from Eurostar onto the Thyls train ?

andym

Über Member
Plan of Brussels Midi station here. The Thalys departure lounge is next door to the Eurostar. If the set up is the same as at the Gare du Nord there are no border or security controls (but it could be different).

Eurostar are pretty reliable, but as we've seen recently, sometimes things go wrong. So I guess it depends on how flexible your ticket is, and whether if things go wrong you can use it on the following train.

Eurostar's window is four months but most European train operators normally seem to make tickets available three months ahead (not sure about Thalys), which again means that you may have to buy your tickets separately to get the best prices.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
sheddy said:
On Weds night I had a web price London to Rotterdam 18th April of £60
On Thurs night I get a web price London to Rotterdam 18th April of £154 (Date is fixed so I can't change it)

I'm guessing that there is some sort of booking window working here - does any one have any tips for getting the best price ?

Have you had a look at what the man in seat 61 has to say about it? There are lots of handy tricks you can do to access the best prices, such as deleting all your cookies and pretending to be German.

http://www.seat61.com/

Top Bottom