Eurovision 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Chez moi

Act three. A pink bubbly I got for my birthday. Been saving it since February for this!

Alright, I might have added a couple of props.

View attachment 590097
Keep them safe, that's next years entry !

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think it's about time we gave this contest the middle finger:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I also really dislike the snide, sneering comments that Norton makes. Wogan was even worse. Like these European nations are our unsophisticated country cousins.
I thought that the main reason why most people watched it. Certainly can't have been for the music.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Latest viewing figures for UK that I can find were 7.7 million tuning in in 2019. Astonishing!

Presumably for *iss taking purposes as opposed to the expectation that they would be watching the creme de la creme of Europe's musical talent?

Or am I missing the deeper point of this musical dross-fest?

icowden

Veteran
I can't believe we aren't talking about this.

Not how we got Nul Points of course (that's obvious - if you send an overweight dude wrapped in a leather venetian blind to sing out of tune like he's just left the pub, you aren't going to win).

BUt...

HOW DID ITALY WIN? Who voted for this? It doesn't have a tune!!

Personally I think Germany and the dancing willy hand should have aced it, with Iceland and the weirdo gang in second place. That was the spirit of eurovision right there!
I liked France, but thought is was a bit niche (it was about as French as a French song could possibly be - overtones of Piaf and Jaques Brel etc).

I didn't get the popularity of the swiss entry either. He seemed like a nice chap but the song was quite forgettable.
I liked Malta - thought that would do better.

But ITALY? HOW? WHY? WHO?

Top Bottom