"Evans=good, Halfords=bad" - it's official!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Monsieur

Total crock - depends on which branch, when etc....
Halfords yesterday were excellent for me - went to M&S last week and gave up after waiting for 10 minutes in the slowest queue in the world.
Surveys need to say who they asked, when they were asked, sex of survey-ists etc...

At least the daily mail link took me to some rather nice photos of a very fetching young lady called Tulisha(?) - some pop star I believe ^_^

brand

Chain snapped in the middle of nowhere (on the Pennines somewhere). Pitch black could see a town at the bottom of the hill. free wheeled down, came across a Halfords and they kept the store opened till the mechanic put a new chain on.
I think there Carrera bikes are okay and good value for money. Don't shop there much as they don't stock much in Louth. Also I try to avoid chain stores anyway. There is a good bike shop in Louth which just moved to bigger premises. Unlike Halfords they can order something and it will be there next day. Seem to have much more staff now. Still no idea what I would have have done that night. Can never slag them down after that.

Brandane

Legendary Member
In my experience, it is "Evans bad, Halfords worse" as a general rule; but like monsieur says, there are variations between branches, and even between staff in the same branch.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I'll only use Evans and Halfords if it's convenient at the time and all I'm shopping for is Brand items, like tubes, gels or lubes etc... Anything that might require some larger financial outlay or a conversation, then it's LBS or I'll do the research online and Wiggle it.

lesley_x

Über Member
I have always had exemplary service from Evans and my LBS are overpriced and obnoxious. My LBS servicing was awful and I had to pay again to get another shop to put it right.

It's a shame really.

Although I do agree about halfords.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have always had exemplary service from Evans and my LBS are overpriced and obnoxious. My LBS servicing was awful and I had to pay again to get another shop to put it right.

It's a shame really.

Although I do agree about halfords.
Name and shame! :thumbsup:
Was it the one I was in today; starts with a D and ends in another name for beers? (My favourite bike shop BTW but I know others have different opinions of them).
They have a very nice blue Surly LHT with 26" wheels, reduced from £1000 to £850 :wub:. I settled for a pair of mudguards instead :sad:.

Top Bottom