Evans vs LBS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Cope

Are all options equally convenient for after sales?

I've been impressed with the 'new' LBS. They guy I spoke to seems very knowledgeable, and the shop has a great reputation. I'd be keen to use them afterwards whatever happens. I'd just feel a bit crap having taken their advice on the bike, to buy it from Evans, and then bring it to them for servicing etc. Evans is in Reading or Guildford, neither of which are convenient for regular servicing etc.

gbb

Legendary Member
Dont mind me Cope, I'm so laid back...I almost fall over, which is why I may appear unsympathetic. Id have just shrugged my shoulders and moved on.
TBF, the Longditude isnt SO expensive that it'd cause them a problem IMO...its not as though you were asking for a £3K bike.

vickster

Legendary Member
Tbh then, I'd use evans for the test ride, they'll source it from their stock somewhere in the country and then buy from the LBS. Evans must expect this to happen

screenman

Legendary Member
I have never brought a bike from the place that I use for servicing, they are happy that I spend money with them though.

Leodis

Veteran
My first bike I wanted a Cube hybrid, I checked local stockists and there was one in Leeds. I popped down with the idea of trying one or ordering one to try, the guy in the shop thought I was an easy push and he tried to get me to buy old stock Ridgeback bike at full RRP, I had done loads of research and could see the stock they had was all the previous year at top wack. I went to Evans and bought a Cannondale which ended with loads of problems with Evans but thats in the past, I bought a Ribble and not had any problems.

Top Bottom