EvansCycles bad experience (resolved [to customer satisfaction])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Michelle (Evans Cycles) I am quite sure that the customer does not give a monkey's fart how old the business is, or how small it once was, of what relevance is this to him and his problem?

It appears to be mighty mess up, that's ok, every company makes them, but, that's when you find out what a company is really like, not after a good deal but after a deal gone wrong. It would be good to see the issue resolved to the customer's satisfaction, he has been treated very badly, so far...........

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
In your case, it seems you’ve slipped through the net – and I really hope we will be able to make amends for this.

All the best, and if you have any further problems (though I believe your case is now being dealt with and resolution will be swift) – please email
evans.marketing@evanscycles.com

Michelle (Evans Cycles)

This sound great Michelle however I was disappointed to note that no statement was made regarding the product which was received. So could you clarify if Evans consider the product which was received to be acceptable and new.
I also feel that the forum community as well as the customer would appreciate any details regarding what steps are being taken to make amends.

wisdom

Guru
Cant believe what you received and the post from Evans it is really unacceptable.
Lot to be said for lbs.
I have bought two new fairly expensive bikes from mine,over the last 4 years,
Customer service is second to none,thats why i went back for the second one. I use them for 90% of my kit and parts.
Use them or lose them.

goody

Veteran
I hope the OP get's fully reimbursed financially for any costs he's had especially now someone from Evans is aware of the bad press this has caused them. I can't believe anyone would send that out as a new bike!

OP
OP
E

ewssonaht

Some of you (MarkF) have hit the nail on the head here, as I have used Evans before and was happy with them, as the order was received fine... However the only way to really tell is when something goes wrong... This story has taught me to research more where i buy from.

Evans have now contacted me and tomorrow I will reply to their message and try to get to an end with all this.

They do not seem to have gone in the trouble of carefully reading my messages* even after all this fuss, since they do not seem to be aware that I already have received the refund (the money is in my account). I also got this morning an automated email about the fact that 14 days have gone by and the return has not yet been made on my part so i guess it is not booked in their CRM system.

I will let you know what the resolution was.

I wanna thank you all for the support here as this has been a really frustrating experience (OK there is people in the world with bigger problems than receiving a used bike, but I Think most of you know what I mean :blush: )

*And i do not think that my English is that bad that you can't make any sense.

Truly amazed by what OP wrote as well as the reply from Evans.

1. There enough photos shows to suggest that the bike was used not just once
2. Any sane staff fulfilling an order for a new bike would not make a mistake of this nature. It has nothing to do with the wrapping or packaging. A proper explanation is called for more to help Evans than the customer.
3. Having sent a used bike after taking an order and payment for a new bike and continuing to treat the customer who raised the issued and provided clear photos in such a manner is a whole different matter from just sending a used bike
4. The post / response from Evans in this thread is the 3rd issue.
5. Puzzled how a company with 90 year history got it wrong 3 times.

Kudos to OP for raising this and staying the course.

The Jdog, yes the rotors were warped, i just realized i misspelled the word in all my emails to them :smile: Maybe they thought thery were in a sandwich wrap... ^_^

Michele please take a look at the pictures if you have not done so especially the cranks and saddle and tell me if you honestly think that this is a new bike that maybe was tested once by a customer. This is an ex-demo bike that HAS certainly been ridden more than once.

Here is a picture of the seat post that i did not include in the picture gallery by mistake

Hiya - hard to say from me if this was damaged in transit (as I said we've invested in precautions now to prevent this) - or if this should have been on the soiled/ex demo section of our site - I think this is best answered by the person who contacted you this morning/over the weekend as it sounds like they're now on the case.
Either way - it is an unacceptable way to receive a bike- we're sorry it came to you like this - and we are working on it.

"Michelle" is back! Last time I posted on here about a complaint in relation to unhelpful and disinterested staff in a branch of Evans, I'm sure it was someone called Michelle who posted under the name of LadyInWhite (or similar). The post was of a similarly apologetic tone and promised improvements. I am unable to say whether or not any improvements were ever implemented because I now shop either on-line or at a number of far superior bike retailers in the Glasgow area.
Selling that item to the OP as a new bike is nothing short of fraud. They probably took the chance to ship it to a non UK address customer in the hope that nothing would ever come of it. Well done the OP for not lying back and accepting it, and I hope you have a good outcome to this poor situation.

Nope - not me. I quite like the novel Woman in White but I'm not sure I'd make a variation of it my username...

As I've said - there is no way we would purposefully try to sell a soiled bike as new. We have a soiled bike section on our website and any ex demo or damaged bike lives here. We document any damage to these and we're dedicated to making sure people know what they're buying when they purchase one of these. If it was our policy to try to ship them as new we wouldn't have created this section.

I can only apologise that this bike arrived this way - as I've said - it was clearly a mistake for which we're very sorry, but it would only ever be an unintentional error.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hiya - hard to say from me if this was damaged in transit (as I said we've invested in precautions now to prevent this) - or if this should have been on the soiled/ex demo section of our site - I think this is best answered by the person who contacted you this morning/over the weekend as it sounds like they're now on the case.
Either way - it is an unacceptable way to receive a bike- we're sorry it came to you like this - and we are working on it.

Working on it? What does that mean Michelle?
I tell you what is working on it is.
Evan's arrange for the bike to be collected. And either supply him a brand new one or a full refund plus expenses.

There's a lot of people watching this thread on the forum so I suggest that you (Evan's) do the right thing.

Hi ianrauk - sorry - let me be more detailed:

Our contact centre manager has spoken to ewssonaht - the bike is back with us.
We've refunded him already and he is also being refunded the exchange rate difference.
We offered a discount on a new bike - but ewssonaht has already bought a new one so would not like this.
The department that issued the bike has had this flagged up as a serious error.

Best wishes
Michelle

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi ianrauk - sorry - let me be more detailed:

Our contact centre manager has spoken to ewssonaht - the bike is back with us.
We've refunded him already and he is also being refunded the exchange rate difference.
We offered a discount on a new bike - but ewssonaht has already bought a new one so would not like this.
The department that issued the bike has had this flagged up as a serious error.

Best wishes
Michelle

Good to hear that you guys have done the right thing to the OP's satisfaction.

MarkF

Guru
I think the OP should have been compensated also. Still, what appears to have been done, full refund of monetary expenditure is the minimum that should have happened, I hope the OP is satisfied.

Hiya - hard to say from me if this was damaged in transit (as I said we've invested in precautions now to prevent this) - or if this should have been on the soiled/ex demo section of our site - .

Damaged in transit - under the bubblewrap?? Come on! None of us have 'Gullible' as a middle name. That is clearly a well-used ex-demo bike.
Think I will be giving Evans a wide berth in future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom