Ever been dumped.....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
If so, then how did you find out?

Dear John

It's not you, it's me

Empty house - even the dog had gone

I just don't love you any more

It's not working

I feel more like your sister/brother

Can we just be friends

I've been dumped loads, and have had every one of the above - apart from the empty house.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I once found out via a third party.

A mutual friend at adult education college said to me:

' I said to J the other day, 'How's NT? You and he are together and I haven't seen him for a bit.' and she said to me 'Not any more, we're not!' so I thought I come and ask you what happened.'

It was the first I had heard that we weren't together anymore.

I have also been dumped by text.

I have also had the 'Watched as she was snogging someone else outside the house before coming in pretending that she was just late home from work'.

I don't mind the getting dumped if there is enough decency to tell me first. But what is worse then finding out by other means is the one who won't go and ends up stalking you for years.

Amheirchion

I got dumped by text once. We were in a club and she wrote the text on her phone then handed the phone to me. She didn't even use any credit to do it. :sad:

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
I once got dumped and found out from her new boyfriend
blush.gif

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I was in a club with a girl I had a crush on for a while, we had a bit of a smooch in the corner then the girl I had been seeing for a few months saw us, poored a drink over my head and dumped me! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think they've always had the decency to say it, although with varying degrees of honesty about motive. There was one who wrote me a letter, but I didn't mind that, as I'd wanting to find a way to break up with him and just couldn't do it. He got very jealous if I wanted to spend time not with him, and posted a letter through the door one weekend when I was away for the weekend with my Mum (this was while I still lived at home).

He rang on the Monday and said "I've made a terrible mistake", to which I said, "no, not really", and that was it. Relief!

It must be easy to be an animal - you're either monogamous or programmed to seek a new mate each time. No recriminations.

Davidc

Guru
I got dumped by email.

They crossed, so wasn't too unhappy.

The one I didn't like was when the message was given to my daughter to pass on.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
One girl once dumped me because she has decided she was a lesbian. Being very right-on at the time, I had to pretend this was really great, and I was totally supporting her decision...

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I got dumped by text once. We were in a club and she wrote the text on her phone then handed the phone to me. She didn't even use any credit to do it. :sad:

You should have ran off with her phone and made some very expensive international calls.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Wigsie, how are you?

A very gentle :hugs:

<Thread Hijack>

I am ok thanks, bit sore and tired, but in less pain 5 days post surgery than i was the day before the op, which i guess is a good thing!

:hugs: :hugs: back at you, I did actually contemplate taking a pic of my knees in hospital with some shorts and those special white anti embolism stockings on.. I still have them! ;)

</Thread Hijack>

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
One girl once dumped me because she has decided she was a lesbian. Being very right-on at the time, I had to pretend this was really great, and I was totally supporting her decision...
She decided - what, it was some kind of political choice, or did she realise that she was? ;)

I worked with a gay man once who told me that he didn't actually realise that he was gay until one day he was walking arm-in-arm with his girlfriend and found himself ogling an attractive man walking in the opposite direction. He told his girlfriend a few minutes later. I'm not sure how she felt on hearing about his discovery ...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Some of my most enduring friendships have been with the females that my mate dumped over a five year span twenty five or so years ago.

One of them even moved in with me and my wife and caused a lot of tongue wagging amongst the neighbours.

It was quite difficult being a silent witness to his transfers of allegiance from one lass to another.

Methods that he used:

Stone walling any attempts to communicate
Parading new partner in front of old
Being a total git forcing old partner to dump him

The most bizarre dumping was that of a different friend. We arrived back at his house after a game of squash to find that his wife had moved in with a neigbour over the road leaving a note on the draining board next to the kettle knowing that was the first port of call on re-entering the house after a visit to the sports centre.

Top Bottom