Every day is a learning day... What have you learnt today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Unfortunately, it is probably normal for older men to be half deaf... (I certainly am!) :okay:

I have a hearing aid but only need it for 'certain' things eg to clearly hear birds in the garden.....certain TV progs (the Chase being one) or some films too fuzzy to hear.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Not to send a seemingly simple question via Whatsapp to my sister, about checking our Mum's medical supplies when I visit Mum this morning. Lesson learned, after getting battered by 6 responses in quick succession with a further response at 6:55 this morning.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have a hearing aid but only need it for 'certain' things eg to clearly hear birds in the garden.....certain TV progs (the Chase being one) or some films too fuzzy to hear.
Bird song is one of those things that I barely hear now. Last time I visited my sister she commented about how noisy the birds were in her garden. I couldn't hear them!

I do have a hearing aid but haven't started using it yet. I think that it will have to be used in a year or two.

I can hear most speech on the TV but struggle with people mumbling or with strong accents. One thing I usually miss is a character's phone ringing in a pocket. I use headphones at night and they help.

Gillstay

Über Member
That some brikkies are earning £600 per day. :eek:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Just how big dinosaur footprints are

IMG_2743.jpeg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you're writing something on your phone and you need to move to a particular point in a paragraph, hold down space. You can then drag your finger to where you need.
If you were paying attention, you would have discovered that a couple of weeks ago... :okay:

I use the Microsoft SwiftKey screen keyboard on my phone and tablet. After many years of use, I have now discovered an easy way to move the text cursor about... Press and hold the spacebar, then drag the cursor to exactly where you want it.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Don't trust Transit van drivers. One made a u turn right in front of me ( on my bike) although I had two front lights on ! Luckily, I anticipated his maneuver from his position on the road.

Top Bottom