Everyday signs that you are "a cyclist"...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
You know the distances to home from various points or landmarks within a 5 mile radius so that you know which one to take to round up the mileage at the end of a ride.

All the shortcuts or alternative routes you know are fek-all use on the rare occasions you use the car.

Katherine

Guru
You know the distances to home from various points or landmarks within a 5 mile radius so that you know which one to take to round up the mileage at the end of a ride.

All the shortcuts or alternative routes you know are fek-all use on the rare occasions you use the car.

So true!

Herbie

Veteran
...as opposed to 'someone who rides a bike'.

This is an idea I remember, possibly from here, but possibly from Cycling Plus, either way, it was a long time ago.

I can't claim credit for these two, but they've stuck in my memory:

1) Pointing out potholes and rough road surfaces when you are driving a car.
2) Drinking sideways from beer bottles, so you "can see where you are going"

Personally, I can spot an underinflated tyre or a saddle that is too low from a mile off, and I always point it out to whoever is with me :smile: and sometimes to person on the bike, too.

Crikey i notice under inflated tyres too....bit of a pet hate :smile:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Earlier today while doing a spot of living room tidying up I managed to head butt my bike's dérailleur. I'm not sure whether this says more about my tidying up skills or my cycling identity.

Top Bottom