Everyday signs that you are "a cyclist"...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldbloke

Guru
Having more cycling clothes and gear than "normal" stuff in your wardrobe.

Every room in our house has something bike related, including a whole wall covered with a map showing cycling cafes / cake stops.
When out on my bike alone I sometimes forget and point out a pothole to the invisible person behind me.
I often say when at a race "did you see the thighs on that woman" to dr_pink, she knows I am working out what kind of wattage she could produce and for how long. Honestly.
Types of road surface are jolly interesting.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I have a customer whose whole family are cyclists. I commented on the bike propped against the living room window one day and she showed me in. Hanging on the living room wall were four road bikes, in another corner was a set of rollers and there was also a static bike. The whole room had been turned into what was virtually a cycling showroom and the living quarters were in the slightly smaller dining room.

I was impressed, but when I got home and mentioned it to Mrs Smokin Joe I was met with a penetrating stare.

Drago

Legendary Member
Hanging up a new mirror in the bedroom with a gear cable inner instead of picture wire.

Keeping and old SPD shoe in a kitchen drawer to use as a bottle opener.

Riding your bike alll winter.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The bloke who fixes our car turns up by bike and then just leaves it down the side of the house. He seems happy with that and has even left his bike overnight when he's had the car overnight, however I just can't do that to the bike (nice but his legs are way longer than mine so I can't ride it), so I bring it into the conservatory to keep it safe and dry!

Top Bottom