Evri Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Avri rang the doorbell at 11,55am Went down stairs to answer the door to see the courier driving away
She waited exactly 10seconds for a response Checked on ring door bell she had a quick glance through the front window then left No card through the door to say that the delivery had been attempted
Don’t these idiots realise that sometimes it takes a bit longer than 10 seconds to answer the door

tom73

Guru
Most likely she's got another car full of stuff to deliver in a given time ready for the next load sat waiting at office.
All that should have been sorted 3 weeks lost Thursday.

I've had the same in recent weeks except they never even knocked just dumped the stuff and went.

Avri rang the doorbell at 11,55am Went down stairs to answer the door to see the courier driving away
She waited exactly 10seconds for a response Checked on ring door bell she had a quick glance through the front window then left No card through the door to say that the delivery had been attempted
Don’t these idiots realise that sometimes it takes a bit longer than 10 seconds to answer the door

Did they leave your stuff or take it with them?

Psamathe

She waited exactly 10seconds for a response ...
At least they came to your house. My local EVRI sends message e.g. "We'll deliver between 14:00 and 16:00" so you wait in and around 16:00 you get another message "You were out so we'll try again tomorrow". Even though you were in the entire time and they don't bother to try the next day (and my front door is clear glazed and straight into kitchen where I work - so no way I didn't hear a bell or anything). Amazes me why Wiggle continue to use them. Reports in local press late last year (with photos) of pavement outside their depot with parcels strewn everywhere!

That said I tend to blame the management rather than the drivers.Drivers must be under massive pressure to do every more deliveries in ever less time so management looks good and company makes bigger profits. Driver finishes round and I guess managers decide they can do more in same time ...

Ian

Reactions: C R
My wife was waiting on an Evri delivery on Tuesday, stated to be between 2 & 4pm.

At 4:20 she got an alert that the delivery was complete but no one had rang and it was not obvious where the delivery had been made to so she shot to the main door of our block. Sitting outside, in the open and the rain, were 6 parcels, for her and other residents, and the Evri person walking away. She challenged him and he came back. Frustratingly he was of the opinion he had done nothing wrong and had completed the task in line with his responsibilities!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
My last delivery was between Christmas and New year's Day.
We had been out in the car and just as we turned into the cul de sac a car was pulling up on the top of our drive so I parked up and walked towards the other car , it was an evri delivery the lady recognised me and handed my parcel which I placed between my legs so I could sign for receipt, she proudly told me in best pigeon English that a picture of my box between my legs was all she wanted !!!
I think the penny dropped and she just laughed and said goodbye 🤣
They are due to deliver again today about 11.30 normally so must have my position ready

markemark

Über Member
Couriers deliver literally millions of items a day. Each individual driver will have several hundreds of drop offs. They’re typically on zero hour contracts getting paid pittance. All because we now expect everything to be delivered very quickly but at ludicrously low prices. Sometimes it doesn’t work perfectly. Sometimes the poor sod doing the delivery is under massive time pressure getting literally seconds for each drop.

Maybe we should write to your supplier and tell them you’d rather pay a fair delivery price to get a better service. But be prepared for costs to triple.

Or maybe soneone can setup a courier company that can pickup and deliver next day anywhere in the country for £6 with a concierge service.

The service people want would cost over £30. When they pay under £10 then this is what we get. If you think there a gap in the market then go for it.

Last edited:

Psamathe

My last EVRI delivery (from Wiggle and one that had previously "failed with fake "you were out" status messages) was recorded as delivered. Nothing anywhere on my property. "Proof of delivery" on their systems had a photo of my package resting against somebody else's front door. So I had to search the village for a front door that matched the photo. Eventually found - in a different postcode. Madness.

Ian

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Evri delivery at 10.33 this morning all good then he comes back with another parcel with our delivery address on along with another one a couple of streets away .
Told him that we were only expecting one parcel so he opened the second one to check what it was and to see if there was any paperwork inside.
Sure enough nothing we ordered and a totally different address on the packing slip so off he went.

Well today showed that Evri are not the only $h!¥ delivery company out there.

The Royal Mail today delivered a Special Delivery package to my front door. The package, containing a watch worth many thousands of pounds, was shipped in a box of the size you would expect to see if you had purchased a pair of walking boots. The postman thought it acceptable to leave it outside my front door and cover it with my doormat. It was obvious to anyone walking by that something was underneath.

What goes through their minds eludes me and I left appropriate feedback.

Well today showed that Evri are not the only $h!¥ delivery company out there.

The Royal Mail today delivered a Special Delivery package to my front door. The package, containing a watch worth many thousands of pounds, was shipped in a box of the size you would expect to see if you had purchased a pair of walking boots. The postman thought it acceptable to leave it outside my front door and cover it with my doormat. It was obvious to anyone walking by that something was underneath.

What goes through their minds eludes me and I left appropriate feedback.
and yet our postie won’t leave a 48hr tracked parcel worth £5.00 on the mat but puts a card through and takes it back to the sorting office. No consistency

Adam4868

Guru
The Royal Mail today delivered a Special Delivery package to my front door
Taking a big risk there,it's meant to be signed for if special delivery not even meant to be left with a neighbour etc
and yet our postie won’t leave a 48hr tracked parcel worth £5.00 on the mat but puts a card through and takes it back to the sorting office. No consistency
That's what he supposed to do.

As a ex postie I'd never leave anything unless there was a note on the door instructing me to.Or I knew there was a safe place as instructed.You can get in touch with Royal Mail and instruct them of your chosen safe place or where you'd like things left.That comes up on the Posties PDA and covers him and yourself

Taking a big risk there,it's meant to be signed for if special delivery not even meant to be left with a neighbour etc

That's what he supposed to do.

As a ex postie I'd never leave anything unless there was a note on the door instructing me to.Or I knew there was a safe place as instructed.You can get in touch with Royal Mail and instruct them of your chosen safe place or where you'd like things left.That comes up on the Posties PDA and covers him and yourself

I used to have one of stickers asking to not leave with a neighbour and always return to depot, trusted my neighbour but the depot wasnt far it was easier to collectrather than have to wait for my neighbour to be in.

Top Bottom