Evri Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
Evri in the national news tonight Generally it was about poor service People still waiting for Christmas parcels Parcels registered as delivered Thrown over fences.Unable to delivery
One problem finding it impossible to contact the company
They have been giving a warning improve our else
I feel sorry for the one driver who is first class He worked for Hermes We arranged with him to leave delivery behind the wheelie bins and put card through the door
I haven’t seen him for some time.He may have left
The current lot are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Yesterday, Evri delivered a parcel for MrsP. I was in all morning and then an email arrived to say that the parcel had indeed been delivered at 11.30.
No photo on the tracking, and myself and the dog were in all morning. The dog is very keen when anyone comes and knocks/rings on the door.
After a brief search the package was found behind my wheelybins, in the rain.
I can only assume the courier didn't knock or ring, I do have a video doorbell linked to my 'phone, which didn't go off.
Different company name, same old rubbish service.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Ordered a storage bin online (For bike parts funnily enough) and today got a message it had been delivered. So I look at work in the normal places. Nothing……

Damn. I now see I had it sent to home - and no-one is in today 🤦‍♂️

Arrive home to find Valerie the Evri delivery / driver has opened side gate, opened and then secured parcel in shed. Shut shed and then shut and locked side gate.

Credit where credit is due. Top work !!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Like all big business its down to the people on the ground , my evri courier is top notch and i havent had any issues.
DPD however have a dodgy driver who dumped a parcel around the side and forged a signature on the collection screen whilst i was out

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
We have a DHL delivery due today normally comes around 11.30 so will see.
Got to go out about same time so hopefully our neighbours are in .

Adam4868

Guru
A note on the door of a safe place or where to leave.With a neighbour in your shed etc.
Otherwise be in 24/7.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
A note on the door of a safe place or where to leave.With a neighbour in your shed etc.
Otherwise be in 24/7.

For how long, though? Evri had my M&S order on 30th December, according to an M&S email, and it arrived yesterday, preceded by a mid-morning Evri email with tracking info. Up to that point, I had no idea when it would be arriving.

Nothing much seems to have improved in my area since one Evri employee dumped a load of undelivered parcels in a wood near Ipswich late last summer. This generated anonymous employee reports of their nearest warehouse having a mountain of parcels and not enough staff to deliver them and which then appeared in the local paper

EVRI report

More recent EVRI report

Our local Facebook page was at one stage full of tales of EVRI woe, with people exchanging photos of claimed deliveries that were actually somewhere else, to find out where their parcel might be. I had one in the autumn that was of no property within half a mile of my house but had my parcel held close to the ground, with two people's feet visible in the photo. It was claimed to be undeliverable but at least it arrived two weeks later with the 'delivery attempt' expunged from its tracking record.

I have some sympathy for Christmas peak time issues but locally this company has had problems for months.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
For how long, though? Evri had my M&S order on 30th December, according to an M&S email, and it arrived yesterday, preceded by a mid-morning Evri email with tracking info. Up to that point, I had no idea when it would be arriving.

Nothing much seems to have improved in my area since one Evri employee dumped a load of undelivered parcels in a wood near Ipswich late last summer. This generated anonymous employee reports of their nearest warehouse having a mountain of parcels and not enough staff to deliver them and which then appeared in the local paper

EVRI report

More recent EVRI report

Our local Facebook page was at one stage full of tales of EVRI woe, with people exchanging photos of claimed deliveries that were actually somewhere else, to find out where their parcel might be. I had one in the autumn that was of no property within half a mile of my house but had my parcel held close to the ground, with two people's feet visible in the photo. It was claimed to be undeliverable but at least it arrived two weeks later with the 'delivery attempt' expunged from its tracking record.

I have some sympathy for Christmas peak time issues but locally this company has had problems for months.
Sounds bad...maybe it's time to pay Royal Mail what they deserve.Thats my take anyway,there's so much competition out there,especially since Covid and the boom in online sales.I can understand your frustrations though.

Mburton1993

Über Member
I ordered a watch on 30th December with an expected delivery date between 4th and 7th January, not arrived yet.

There's been plenty of the 'Delivery will be attempted between this and that time' messages, actual delivery attempts though? 🤷‍♂️

It's an office they're delivering to so there's always been someone in.

Fingers crossed for today/tomorrow.

Edit: Arrived today, yay. :smile:

Last edited:

Psamathe

Like all big business its down to the people on the ground , my evri courier is top notch and i havent had any issues.
I think it can go beyond that. With businesses forever seeking ever higher profits and ever lower costs (to win more business and make ever increasing profits) I'm sure there is ongoing pressure on drivers to deliver more parcels in less time (lowering costs, increasing profits).

I'm sure there are poor drivers but EVRi seems to have way beyond what one might normally expect. So I think management can play a significant role in quality of service.

Ian

Top Bottom