Evri Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How about this for blood boiling! A DHL email posted the other day said they'd deliver my parcel on Monday the 23rd. Today I received an email from them saying they tried to deliver that parcel at 10.49, but no one was in. I was in but didn't hear anyone knocking and why say they'd deliver on the 23rd then try and deliver it on the 19th?!:ninja:

I phoned DHL yesterday evening. To be fair to them my call was answered by a human, after less than a minute of recorded messages, unlike the Royal Mail who don't have a phone number to call, If I remember rightly. 🤔 She was quite polite and I was polite in return, thanking her for her help. They are leaving the parcel at a shop 1.3 miles away, but I'll be passing it anyway later today, so let's hope it'll be there!

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Parcel arranged to be collected by DHL between 2pm and 17.00 hrs collected in the end at 17.15 so can't complain just hope it gets delivered today as needed for a job tomorrow.
An Amazon order is due in the next couple of days so they are normally interesting

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
An Amazon order is due in the next couple of days so they are normally interesting

Why so ?

**My Boss bought a Burley Coho cycle Trailor from Evans Cycles yesterday:

https://www.evanscycles.com/brand/b...7wGvkPbYznZmSxwaAoAfEALw_wcB#colcode=71200303

And they attach to his bike via a special adaptor axle:

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B3BCFSGC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That Evans don't sell (So how on Earth did you think this would attach to a bike ????) :wacko: And Burley are based in the USA......... 🥴

So after multiple calls to various people / Companies yesterday afternoon - the easiest cheapest / fastest way to get one here (Without having to go through Customs; per-se) was for me to use Amazon (.Com). I paid £9 extra for him and they are promising delivery from the USA to us in the UK before Saturday 4th Feb. And it didn't get dispatched yesterday.......

We'll see on that one !

Last edited:
I ordered some carbon fibre repair kit the other day from Swindon . I was horrified when I discovered that it had been sent through Evri . I was surprised to find that it arrived several days later .
I heard that the local collection point for the drivers has been moved to a smaller place . Must be the size of a phone box as the previous place wasn't much bigger than a double sized garage . :whistle: The drivers are given a time slot for them to pick up their deliveries. I heard this via a chap who used to work for them but has since left .

vickster

Legendary Member
Last week we opened our front door to find two parcels on the door step no sign of a delivery person or van , when looked at they were for our neighbours.

Maybe your neighbours have Amazon set up to leave parcels with a neighbour if not in?
I do (my neighbours are happy for this to happen)

postman

Legendary Member
Last week both of us were in the kitchen.I was cooking half the dinner and Mrs P the other half.Don't ask.So her mobile goes off a message.Parcel delivered.17-05.No knock just left inside the front open porch.Meanwood has a Facebook page and the number of posts that start with anyone know this doorstep.Because it's not mine,but people are wonderful at trying to deliver them back.

Reactions: C R

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Maybe your neighbours have Amazon set up to leave parcels with a neighbour if not in?
I do (my neighbours are happy for this to happen)

Oh we are happy to except each others parcels but we didn't know they were even there no knock on the door or ring on the bell

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Ups tried to deliver a parcel yesterday but asked for £78 import duties to be paid so refused delivery and contacted company goods were bought from as they should have been paying it .
They duly completed the transaction and hopefully the parcel will be delivered today .
And then I can send it out to my customer on DHL

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Ups Delivery turned up mid morning with no import duties to be paid by me .
Parcel sent out on DHL so hopefully that will be delivered tomorrow as planned

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
A driver from Evri rang the doorbell knocked the door .I went to answer the door but no one there.Spotted her across the road At another house Called to her she came back with two parcels which it turned out were for the house immediately opposite but at the time weren’t in .I agreed to take them .She then said she had left a card at the house opposite.How she managed that without knowing I would take them. I then asked her why she didn’t wait for me to answer the door ,she said she did .I have a ring door bell and showed her actions pressing the bell and walking away immediately. Response sorrand walked away .
Took the park parcels across to Sharon A card had been left saying unable too deliver.
I have had a problem with this particular delivery person in the past.Ring the bell and disappear.

I have tried to find an address for the local Evri depot to complain without any success.

We use Amazon frequently They message approximate delivery time and then message when there so many stops away.

Proto

Legendary Member
Ordered from Chain Reaction on Tuesday morning, chose ‘free’ delivery with Evri. Received an email later that day confirming despatch.

Able to track and trace it on the Evri app and was delighted, and surprised, to see that it was out for delivery today, due between 14:00 and 16:00.

14:10 the usual delivery driver Peter handed over my parcel. Never had an issue with Hermes/Evri, but I’m lucky in having a very good local deliver driver in Peter. If I hadn’t been in he’d have left it in my shed. Top bloke.

PS I find Amazon drivers much less reliable, because, I suspect, of high staff turnover and them not knowing the route/area.

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Thursday is bin day, so I put the bins out on Wednesday night.
As I was lying in bed I checked my emails. And found that Evri had put a parcel in the bin I had just put on the street.
If I hadn’t checked my email before bed the parcel would have been lost.
Why can’t they at least put a note through the door?

Top Bottom