Evri Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dag Hammar

My turn !
I’ve been expecting a package to be delivered and the carrier is EVRi.
I checked my emails just after 6 p.m. to find an email from EVRi telling me that my package was delivered at 02:59 pm today.
Oh no it hasn’t. And there has been someone at home all afternoon.
So I have gone online and logged with their chat bot and received an acknowledgement email saying that my query has been passed to my local depot for them to investigate.
I’ll update as and when I hear more.

EDIT. Twenty five hours later my next door neighbour brings my package to our door. The package is clearly labelled with my name and address, I live at number 34 but the EVRi delivery person thought it would be acceptable to leave it on the front doorstep of number 32.

Last edited:
Never had a problem with them before today. Photo of somebody else’s front door to say our parcel was delivered.

Thankfully it was a neighbour but the parcel wasn’t by their door, it had been dropped/thrown over their fence 🙄

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
With work parcels have been sent via DHL but we have had quite a few occasions where they have failed to turn up to collect said parcels.
So this week I arranged to send a couple with APC instead both were collected within the time slot and both were delivered ok although one going to a big RAF base took a couple of days longer but I expected that.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Had an Evri driver deliver me a parcel the other night. I opened it and didn't recognize the item, so looked on the front and it was for someone called Janine at a completely different address. I raced out to the driver and handed it back. She must have had 60-100 parcels in the back seat of her car so was probably rushing

albion

Guru
Slightly premature to give up hope, but if this delayed one does not arrive then, for me, Evri are losing about 1 in 3 parcels.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I actually managed to finally speak to a human being yesterday at FedEx/tnt re a parcel that they have had since last Thursday but can't find the delivery location, sounds like it's all sorted now so hopefully it will be delivered today.

Some times it's just so much easier to talk

postman

Legendary Member
Our FB page here in Meanwood have people posting about parcel deliveries or not deliveries.Stuff left at wrong houses,it's an epidemic,It's utterly crap service.

postman

Legendary Member
We had a Postman telling George my old neighbour he could not find number 22.We live on the odd side,1-55,evens are on the other side.Royal Mail staff :banghead:.But if i buy from bayofE i always go for the RM choice,i have even paid more for the item.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
We had a Postman telling George my old neighbour he could not find number 22.We live on the odd side,1-55,evens are on the other side.Royal Mail staff :banghead:.But if i buy from bayofE i always go for the RM choice,i have even paid more for the item.

Screenshot 2023-12-20 2.22.34 PM.png

albion

Guru
That parcel has now given up the ghost. Another one is now more than imminent which I hoped would explain the scenario whenrethey choose to lose your parcel rather than attempt to deliver.
I will stay hopeful for a couple more days there. I suspect Evri workers up here leave for another job as soon as they can.
And the ones left simply wreck havoc.

Edit - seems the latest one, which, fitting into my theory scenario, that I expected would be delivered has arrived at the delivery depot, for the 2nd time.
A positive, for now.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I am a prolific online shopper, so, get many parcel deliveries. I can honestly say that I have no problem with ANY of the delivery companies, or, to be precise, their delivery employees.

I have noticed that, recently, the regular Evri driver has taken to counting (quietly, but my doorbell camera picks it up), so, I assume he sets a limit, before leaving my parcel in the usual place, if I don’t get to the door in time. I have no problem with that, given how little he gets for each delivery, I feel I have to accept some responsibility to be ready to receive deliveries, if I want cheap or “free” and rapid delivery.

Top Bottom