Evri Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
I would echo those thoughts, no problem with Evri (Boldon depot) or DPD or Amazon, in fact, no problem with any Courier company.

Yes, it is a specific issue which might be nationwide, might be just Boldon, or might just be/have been a specific area.
Whatever, it has also highlighted major problems at both Aliexpress and Evri.

All 3 parcels in a row going astray, in a period of 6 weeks when the grand total was to only the 3 parcels, under normal circumstances would have odds of about 200,000+ to one.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Yes, it is a specific issue which might be nationwide, might be just Boldon, or might just be/have been a specific area.
Whatever, it has also highlighted major problems at both Aliexpress and Evri.

All 3 parcels in a row going astray, in a period of 6 weeks when the grand total was to only the 3 parcels, under normal circumstances would have odds of about 200,000+ to one.

I understand.

I am a reasonably prolific online shopper, I would say, I have typically 2 or three deliveries per week. My experience has been trouble free with Royal Mail and every other courier which various suppliers (including Aliexpress) have used.

I accept your experience may have been different, but, I can only quote my experience.

albion

Guru
Apologies. I got my maths wrong. Now, if Evri lose only 1 in 1000 parcels then it would be a 1000 million to one chance of happening.
If the loss rate is a high 1 in 100 then it would be a one in a million chance of losing 3 in a a row.

One of those three I actually got a refund for off Aliexpress. That was where the parcel, after a long delay, got flagged by Evri as damaged.

Last edited:

albion

Guru
Some traction on the Evri thing. As to Aliexpress, I think they are misinterpreting the Evri information to my detriment. Lost in translation as they say.
A solution would be for them to redeliver all 3 orders. More work from me needed on that front.

The 2nd item in the list parcel has been refused a refund. And I assume the 3rd one will be likely refused once the delivery window runs out.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We had 'Evri has delivered your parcel to your safe place' yesterday. Checked the porch (the safe place), shed, greenhouse, back garden and recycling bins. Nothing. MrsF logged into the 'delivery' and there is a photo of it in a blue bin somewhere. Fortunately, there was a gravel path in the picture, so that pin pointed it to about four neighbours. Found it in the end.

albion

Guru
A while back, I somehow managed to get a messaging chat going with Aliepress support. Maybe, it was a language barrier thing but all I got was tea and sympathy. So maybe there the chat person decided, as per case resolution, that it was delivered/ready to collect, without actually saying it was.
I am no going that route again, it feeling futile.

I must have spent hours on this, a fairly horrendous experience.

We have had 9 messages about some items that Evi we promising to pick up parcels on different days non of them were picked up on contacting the seller we were directed to to the sellers web site where you could pick royal mail as a carrier ok I had to print out a QR for each parcel and take to Post Office but at least they all went

Yodel were the bunch of muppets for me today.

We paid extra for a specific time window this evening when we would be at home. They delivered it at 10am this morning to the wrong address, leaving it outside a front door some way away. Thankfully my wife got it touch with a neighbour and they have retrieved it for us.

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
Before ordering anything online I now check to see if delivery is by Evri I have had to many bad experiences with this company.

Scammers seem to have picked up on the poor performance.In the last month i have received messages allegedly from Evri saying that they were unable to deliver the parcel and to contact to give various details

Before ordering anything online I now check to see if delivery is by Evri I have had to many bad experiences with this company.

Scammers seem to have picked up on the poor performance.In the last month i have received messages allegedly from Evri saying that they were unable to deliver the parcel and to contact to give various details

I’m waiting on something from eBay that was clearly marked as being sent my Royal Mail bit has in fact been shipped via Evri. I’ve expressed my annoyance at this with both the seller and eBay. It was showing as in the Evri system on the 2nd and there has been no update since.

Drago

Legendary Member
Eviri's naivety is simply breathtaking if they thought simply changing the name to distance itself from the dreadful reputation of Herpes was ever likely to work if they didn't actually improve the service as well.

albion

Guru
Maybe my bank will do a charge back for me. It is a debit card but it sounded out ok.

As an Alibaba failure it makes sense. I will wait a couple of days on that though to see if their UK general manages office comes back to me.
Talk of the devil, this just came in.
'Dear Sir/Madam, we have received your information. Since we are not authorised to proceed with such information, we recommend you to raise you complaint via https://jubao.alibaba.com/complaint'.

I did that quite a few days ago. So it might be a 'boomerang contact' or else it was via Roland Palmers office which is then was zero help, putting things on slowdown.
Edit - yes, it appears it was the integrity department telling me not to contact their integrity department about their own integrity.

Last edited:

albion

Guru
I sort of got hopeful when the 'CEO Executive Team' rang me back same day.
I suppose that was better than no reply from the Aliexpress manager.
Sadly, it appears it was simply a slippy runaround. I got no comment whatsoever on the oldest of the 3 parcels.
The newest one that was 'possibly' still in transit I got 'should be delivered within the next 24-48 hours. I understand the parcel should have been delivered by now. However it looks like there issue with having the parcel diverted to the parcel shop.'.

This Ceo Executive Team sounds good but it looks to be their standard call centre, the parcel unlikely ever being found.
As to Aliexpress I gave been refused refunds for 3 lots of £10+, it being possible you get the first refund but they scam you out of the rest.

I despair the time sent chasing.

I'm going to miss my Amazon Prime when it runs out in a few weeks, you can only have student prime for 4 years apparently even if you still hold a valid Tocum and University card:angry:

I liked the tracking, the lockers and the next day delivery which only ever let me down once.

Last none Amazon delivery they delivered to a neighbour despite instructions not to, and didn't tell me it was there. And yes it was Evri.

albion

Guru
Last actual delivery from Evri, no card. I discovered the photo of my recycling bin a day or so later.

I am still left perplexed as to why Evri totally Faruck you over with regards to Evri parcelshops. Of course they will not tell me what insane looking things are going on at Evri Boldon and beyond.
And maybe even Aliexpress know about it and and simply chose to make it simple by Farucking EvriOne too. After all, time is money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom