Evri Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
They do, but you'd have to do a helluva lot to prove it.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Anyone know if Smalls Claim courts allow for added compensation for time wasted. I am tempted by that in the case of incompetent Aliexpress

Aren’t Aliexpress outside UK? Wouldn’t have thought Small Claims Court could enforce a judgement on a Company or Individual outside UK, even if you won.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Evri... 🤬

I missed a delivery last Thursday, with Evri saying they'd be in contact. No contact on Friday or parcel. So late Friday I contacted them, had an automatic reply saying parcel had been returned to depot ! No more information or parcel on Saturday. Then Sunday whilst at work had an email saying parcel had been delivered. When I got home found the 'small' parcel had been posted through the letterbox !

Why oh why didn't they do that in the first place... 🤷🏼‍♂️

albion

Guru
Strange, Aliexpress just refunded the £13 for the most recent one whilst they have re-refused the 2nd part of the one from early December, going their error/lie that it is 'ready to collect'.
The 3rd one I never got my money back for was described as 'you did it too late' myself expecting an auto refund for none delivery.
The refund for the damaged parcel must have been automated through the 'damaged' flag at Evri, none deliveries Aliecpress just ignoring or claiming delivery.

albion

Guru
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/evri-hermes-parcel-delivery-service-whistleblower
'small retailers told the Telegraph they will be pausing their contracts with Evri this Christmas due to missing parcels and poor service, which is leaving them out of pocket.'

'claimed it was the practice of allowing couriers to “contract out” their routes that was leading to most of the problems – including thefts.
Evri couriers are self-employed'

Total chaos. Note that if you email the CEO you get the same fairly shoddy support that you get from their call centres. It is probably the same team, but with 'Ceo Office' written in the correspondence.

albion

Guru
Anyone have any idea on the request from Aliexpress chat support to get a letter of none delivery from the 'Post Office'. They even gave me the phone nunber of the Post Office in WH Smith at Newcastle.

It is weird. In the exact same scenario they refunded me on one delivery but on this 2nd delivery , I assume the seller, claimed it was delivered ready to be collected.
The refusal is despite an email from Evri confirming the loss

albion

Guru
Anyone have any idea on the request from Aliexpress chat support to get a letter of none delivery from the 'Post Office'? They even gave me the addrss and phone nunber of WH Smith at Newcastle. So I assume there is a Post Office in W H Smith. I rang the number but there was an answer machine so no weird feeling conversation accrued.

It is weird. In the exact same scenario they refunded me on one delivery but on this 2nd delivery , I assume the seller, claimed it was delivered ready to be collected.
The refusal is despite an email from Evri confirming the loss

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Aren’t Aliexpress outside UK? Wouldn’t have thought Small Claims Court could enforce a judgement on a Company or Individual outside UK, even if you won.

I think they're Chinese. Whatever they send over here will probably be delayed a lot due to all the trouble The Red Sea. I stopped buying Chinese based/made stuff years ago after waiting ages for poor quality, sometimes the wrong size clothes.

albion

Guru
Seems Yodel is in financial trouble. This leaves me thinking Evri has won by sinking to the very bottom, Yodel themselves reportedly much improved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam4868

Guru
Had a dpd driver delivered my parcel to the wrong address, How do you mix up number 6 and number 4, complete moron.
To be honest easy enough mistake when your busy....when working for Royal Mail I've done it loads.Hundred and fifty drops and a few mis deliveries is no big thing.
Frustrating when you're the customer yes....but spare a thought for the courier/postie. 😁

postman

Legendary Member
Here in Meanwood Leeds,the FB page is awash with people asking do you know this front door.Even RM is not immune from the problem.How you arrive in the wrong street i have no idea.in our time never mind private companies it was a stiff telling off,it was a very serious offence.

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Here in Meanwood Leeds,the FB page is awash with people asking do you know this front door.Even RM is not immune from the problem.How you arrive in the wrong street i have no idea.in our time never mind private companies it was a stiff telling off,it was a very serious offence.

Loads of posts like that on my FB aswell. I got several deliveries for someone else who lived on a different road half a mile away, and the roads sound nothing like each other!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
To be honest easy enough mistake when your busy....when working for Royal Mail I've done it loads.Hundred and fifty drops and a few mis deliveries is no big thing.
Frustrating when you're the customer yes....but spare a thought for the courier/postie. 😁

Very true.

Seven parcel deliveries this week, 2 Amazon, 2 Evri, 3 Royal Mail, all faultless.

The poor postman was rather wet today, but, still smiling.

Top Bottom