Evri Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Having had mixed fortunes with deliveries, and out cycling a lot I stumbled upon the Evri 'deliver to a parcelshop' facility you get when tracking your parcel.
Until this very latest one, which just might still arrive, I guess concluded there is a labour dispute at "self employed" Boldon Tyneside depot.
This is what I got from Evri customer support on my first attempt at divert, way back in June.

'It appears from my investigation that the parcel has been returned to the shipping address and I can confirm we began the process of returning this parcel to the sender due to our warehouse not being able to reprint a label for the parcel shop. I have been unable to ring due to having no number.'

That got lost anyway. Some never materialised, plus one disappeared in the same manner then suffered the daid 'Evri tactic' of parcel damaged.
I expected todays parcel to actually arrive, in that I put in the divert prior to Evri receiving it, in the assumption that, that, I thought, being the only scenario when an attempt at parcel shop delivery might happen.

Now though, I am unsure of that, though Boldon is certainly my black hole in their network.
It is not just me. The very first review I found was inspired by someones Evri Parcelshop divert experience.
I can't choose who the seller dares to use, so I will have to abandon their Parcel Shop facility, it obviously being a big enough thorn to cause 'Mutiny at Boldon'.

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member
I am sure here in Meanwood if you read the local FB page,delivery staff can't read maps,gps or street signs,i feel so sorry for people asking do you know this porch/doorstep/garage.

Drago

Legendary Member
I dunno about Evri, the Royal Mail aren't much better. I go weeks without any mail, then the postman then up with three weeks worth of letters and parcels. I should be grateful he doesn't chuck them over the gate into a big puddle.

Adam4868

Guru
Royal Mail....It used to be pretty cheap and you could near enough guarantee next day delivery with first class mail.Now with the privatisation of Royal Mail and the choice of several others parcel providers it's a race to the bottom.
It's common knowledge to anyone who works in Royal Mail that it's parcels that are prioritisesed over the mail.

RM are hopelessly slow for me, compared to Evri and Amazon who can churn through parcels in as little as 48hours. RM by comparison seems to take atleast a week.

albion

Guru
No delivery. It went 'out for delivery' at 9.57 am. A bit later it showed both out for delivery and at the 'senders depot'.
Whillt it still shows out for delivery the prompt is back to 'Your parcel is at the delivery depot and we'll let you know when it's out for delivery'.

Fingers crossed this one simply landed on the wrong delivery van. I don't mind parcels being late, that being better than my now usual 'never'

albion

Guru
Having being refused a refund my parcel lost on 7th December(that Xoss XR01, probably mentioned in Bargains end of November) and this one looking lost too, investigations found this.
Weird. I have stopped using Parcelshop! Beware folks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231224-105940_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231224-105940_Chrome.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

albion

Guru
The reason they chose Evri was that I bought 2 bike lights for a fast combined delivery.
Aliexpress backed up one seller who claimed it was delivered. I assume I get a refund on the 2nd lost light. Horrific that Aliexpress ignore lost parcels at the whim of the seller.

Evri rang and said they would come back and have not as yet. Any idea how to action anything, myself having lost money on 2 Aliexpess none deliveries now. Part of the problem is am not the 'Evri the villain' customer. The seller/Aliexpress is.

Btw, the claimed Aliespress 5/15 day delivery thing guarantee is totally worthless. I cannot even find a way to claim on that. They are worse than the ebay of old/now.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If only DPD could swallow these lesser competent couriers and make home deliveries much less stressful. They are even better that the Royal Mail. DPD constantly inform you of your expected delivery, all the way from receiving it to delivering it. They give options for different drop offs and arrive on the dot when they state a time!

AndyRM

XOXO
It's pretty clear that the experience varies a lot depending on where you live/where things are being delivered to. Also worth noting that different companies have different pay structures, some are per item delivered, others number of deliveries per hour.

Our EVRI delivery driver is top notch, as is the DPD one, but they seem to have a fixed patch as I've not seen other drivers from either company. DHL is a lottery, much to the frustration of a neighbour who uses them for whatever it is he's buying and selling.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
It's pretty clear that the experience varies a lot depending on where you live/where things are being delivered to. Also worth noting that different companies have different pay structures, some are per item delivered, others number of deliveries per hour.

Our EVRI delivery driver is top notch, as is the DPD one, but they seem to have a fixed patch as I've not seen other drivers from either company. DHL is a lottery, much to the frustration of a neighbour who uses them for whatever it is he's buying and selling.

I would echo those thoughts, no problem with Evri (Boldon depot) or DPD or Amazon, in fact, no problem with any Courier company.

Greasy Gilbert

I know nothing so feel free to contradict me.
Our Evri guy is super, I find that a fiver in an envelope at Christmas and a proper thank you goes a long way. We rarely get the same postie so it can be hit and miss. I've worked in the delivery industry and know how much they are abused by the company and also by customers. Sadly I've stopped buying from Tredz and anyone else who uses DHL, they are consistently rubbish.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I just had a text from EVRI saying that they can't deliver my parcel today, but they will try tomorrow. They "confirmed" the address by quoting my actual address, but preceeded with "Tesco Express". There isn't a Tesco within 5 miles of here

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mrs Tkk ordered some new leggings. They were delivered today at the promised time by a cheerful and polite EVRI driver. 👍

Top Bottom