Evri Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have fallen foul of the idiotic "let's put the customers parcel in the bin where the dog sheet gets disposed of." I discovered it before the binmen came, but nestling among bags of cold dog eggs I refused to touch it. Supplier refused to send another as it had been "delivered", I raised a dispute with my credit card company and had a refund 2 days later.

Last edited:
I've used Evei once recently, I bought the Wiggle 'next day delivery for a year' as it was only £4 more than a single next day delivery.

It was delivered on time but if they knocked I didn't hear, was just left on the doorstep.

Next time I'm doing delivery to a shop as at least then I don't have to worry about missing it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I've used Evei once recently, I bought the Wiggle 'next day delivery for a year' as it was only £4 more than a single next day delivery.

It was delivered on time but if they knocked I didn't hear, was just left on the doorstep.

Next time I'm doing delivery to a shop as at least then I don't have to worry about missing it.

I think since Covid many delivery drivers seem to think it’s still acceptable just to bang on the door, dump the parcel on the doorstep and be back in the van driving away before you even get a chance to answer. Tough if it’s the wrong customer or gets stolen by a passer by if your not in. Evri and Amazon drivers are the worst.

I think since Covid many delivery drivers seem to think it’s still acceptable just to bang on the door, dump the parcel on the doorstep and be back in the van driving away before you even get a chance to answer. Tough if it’s the wrong customer or gets stolen by a passer by if your not in. Evri and Amazon drivers are the worst.

Yeah thats why I'll swap back to a Collect+ shop, Amazon I'll always use a locker except for the very largest and very smallest things.

D

Deleted member 26715

[Comes out from behind the sofa]
I can't say anything bad about our Evri driver/delivery lady, she puts it through the letterbox if possible, if not she rings the bell & waits, then if there's somewhere safe to put it she does so, if it's raining she'll take it next door, no issues at all
[hides behind sofa again]

Waits for abuse to start.

Adam4868

Guru
I allways get delivery at local shop,maybe put a note on the door stating you don't want it leaving in bin/drive/which neighbour etc ?
They've usually a lot of drops and just want rid.Never had any problems to be honest.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
[Comes out from behind the sofa]
I can't say anything bad about our Evri driver/delivery lady, she puts it through the letterbox if possible, if not she rings the bell & waits, then if there's somewhere safe to put it she does so, if it's raining she'll take it next door, no issues at all
[hides behind sofa again]

Waits for abuse to start.

No abuse from me. It depends entirely on the individual courier. We've had some who are fantastic and some shockers.

Frustratingly, lack of foreknowledge meant I wasn't able to challenge one for my partner last week.

A chap knocked at the door while she was out and I was expecting a heavy delivery for me so I followed him out to the back of his van where I saw absolute carnage of parcels of all sizes in a heap on the floor. He handed me a large box addressed to my partner and I though no more about it. Neither did she because she was expecting a pair of boots.

When opened, however, it turned out to be a large and unique ceramic plate... in three pieces.

Drago

Legendary Member
I can't say anything bad about our Evri driver/delivery lady, she puts it through the letterbox if possible...
And sometimes she posts the parcel through it as well!

Gillstay

Über Member
I have put a large metal box by the front door with an easy to open lid and have no problems. My neighbour always complained, but then would not put up a sign with his hose name on it. Must drive the drivers nuts.

jessand

Veteran
Order from Wiggle.
Email from Evri Thursday evening to say it's at their hub (don't say where hub is)
Friday 8am - we'll deliver today 11-1
I get it diverted to locker at end of my road
Confirmation from Evri confirming same delivery slot
Email changing time
Then another new time
"won't be able to deliver today"
Saturday 8.20 - we're delivering to locker 10.30 - 12.30
2 more emails changing time slot
11am "there's an issue with your delivery we'll message you again Monday"

I follow the tracking link "we've tried to deliver to your locker today but it was full" complete with a picture of the inside of the locker with a small parcel in it!!

What a joke.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not evri but fed ex .
Missed a delivery yesterday and they left me a card to re arrange delivery tried the online system but it didn't recognise the parcel number saying it was a digit missing.
Tried the automated phone system and it didn't recognise the parcel number so I tried the online chat which also didn't recognise the number.
So I wonder if it will be delivered today or when ?

IMG_20230630_064240497~2.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not evri but fed ex .
Missed a delivery yesterday and they left me a card to re arrange delivery tried the online system but it didn't recognise the parcel number saying it was a digit missing.
Tried the automated phone system and it didn't recognise the parcel number so I tried the online chat which also didn't recognise the number.
So I wonder if it will be delivered today or when ?

View attachment 696915

Parcel delivery now completed 😁

Top Bottom